We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just stayed at Hilton Moorea - any ?s

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Just stayed at Hilton Moorea - any ?s

We just stayed 3 nights at the Hilton Moorea in a Deluxe Garden Bungalow. Any questions for me?

Mentioned in this post
Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa
Hilton Moorea Lagoon...
3,607 Reviews
Moorea, French Polynesia
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just stayed at Hilton Moorea - any ?s

Hi we are thinking of spending one week there in December, after one week on the mainland.

Do you think there is enough to do there for one week (sightseeing combined with relaxing on the beach etc)

Would you recommend your resort at the Hilton?

Do you need a car to get around or is there a bus that goes around the island & goes to the key tourist places?

Is it expensive - average meal cost?

any tips on holidaying there??

regards & thanks

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
350 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just stayed at Hilton Moorea - any ?s

Did you dine out off the property at all ? Thanks

San Diego...
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just stayed at Hilton Moorea - any ?s

How were the garden bungalows? Were the roosters very obnoxious??

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just stayed at Hilton Moorea - any ?s

@Bebe003 - We were only in Moorea for 3 nights but I definitely wasn't ready to leave. I think you can keep pretty busy there between tours, activities at the resort and relaxing. A week goes by really quickly in Paradise. I really liked the Hilton and would definitely recommend the hotel. I thought the service was great and the grounds were well maintained. I don't think there is much in terms of public transportation, but most restaurants and tour operators will pick you up. If you want to tour the island for a day or so, you can just rent a car for the day. As far as meal costs, for dinner we spent anywhere from $50 for pizza delivery to $170 for dinner with a bottle of wine.

@DGKCalgary - we dined at Rudy's which we really enjoyed. The owner was very personable and the food was delicious, particularly the mussel appetizer and stuffed parrotfish entree. We would've gone back if we had the chance. We also dined at Le Martinez which was just OK. Our last night we ordered pizza delivery from Allo's which was quite tasty.

@sdtraveler - we really liked the garden bungalows. We thought the room was quite nice and the private deck with pool was very nice. The pool is not heated but it was nice to have a quick dip when you get hot from sunbathing. You can definitely hear the roosters because they roam all over the resort. They didn't bother me too much, but if you're worried about noise, OWBs are probably a better way to go.

Mentioned in this post
Moorea
Moorea
Society Islands, French Polynesia
Rudy's
Rudy's
1,388 Reviews
Moorea, French Polynesia
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just stayed at Hilton Moorea - any ?s

Many thanks much appreciated

I assume you are quoting in US dollars?

regards & thanks

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
350 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Just stayed at Hilton Moorea - any ?s

Thanks so much Cuinparadise and for taking the time to post.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just stayed at Hilton Moorea - any ?s

Happy to help! Yes, I was quoting in USD. Sorry, probably should've done XPF.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just stayed at Hilton Moorea - any ?s

Many thanks - jeepers its expensive for us with New Zealand dollars!!

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just stayed at Hilton Moorea - any ?s

Any need for charger adapter??? We are going this weekend!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just stayed at Hilton Moorea - any ?s

The bathroom has one outlet with american configuration so I used that to charge my cell phone and camera. If you want to charge more than one item, then you'll need the adapter. I can't remember if the bathroom outlet had a switch for 110V. All the items I was charging worked with 220V, so I didn't notice.

Have fun slozy!