We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing in Moorea or Bora Bora

Columbia, South...
8 posts
1 review
Fishing in Moorea or Bora Bora

We will be in Moorea July 1-4 and Bora Bora 5-9 th . We would love to share the cost of a chartered fishing trip with another couple. I would also appreciate any suggestions of who we should charter with. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Linda

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,826 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Fishing in Moorea or Bora Bora

You can inquire thru the resort activity desk approx 48 to 24 hrs in advance if there is a group scheduled. Group meaning they have to have at least 4 people and the cost is CFP 18900 per person in Moorea.

Hope this helps

Regards Bo

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
19 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Fishing in Moorea or Bora Bora

Does the captain typically keep the catch as well?

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,826 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Fishing in Moorea or Bora Bora

You can keep the catch. Where would you cook it?

Regards Bo

Columbia, South...
8 posts
1 review
4. Re: Fishing in Moorea or Bora Bora

Hi Bo, Just heard from Captain Chris with Tea Nui Services. Right now the plan is to go out July 3rd or 4th. Have you heard of him? Got his info out of my Tahiti Guide. I'm so excited!! Will your resort cook your fish? Thanks, Linda

Washington
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
162 reviews
5. Re: Fishing in Moorea or Bora Bora

I've known Chris for years and he is first class all the way.

I'm sure your resort's chefs will cook your fish if you ask them.

Columbia, South...
8 posts
1 review
6. Re: Fishing in Moorea or Bora Bora

Thanks for the report. Looks like we are ging on July 2. Can't wait! There's nothing like fresh fish for dinner.

7. Re: Fishing in Moorea or Bora Bora

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:46 pm, June 27, 2013