We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moorea Pearl good choice???

Montana
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Moorea Pearl good choice???

We have booked a garden Bungalow for our at the Moorea Pearl Resort for two nights. I have recently read some bad reviews on this hotel and the Garden Bungalows. I dont believe we have the delux bungalow with pool. Anyone stay here and like the garden Bungalows or have suggestions. Sounds like there are 2 rooms per bungalo, not much privacy. Any thoughts?

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,471 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moorea Pearl good choice???

HI Iv:

The Pearl in Moorea is a lovely property. I would upgrade to the garden with pool if I were you as it is only a little more per night and all the difference in the room with the pool! The resort has a nice horizon pool, good restaurant, nice beach and is close to many shops and restaurants so you don't have to get a full meal plan!

Personally I like the Sheraton better though...the beach and snorkeling can't be beat, the grounds are beautiful and overall it's a nicer resort in my opinion.

It is not close to anything however so you'd have to have restaurants pick you up for dinner.

sunny regards,

shully

sunny regards,

shully

Montana
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Moorea Pearl good choice???

Thanks. I did think the Sheraton looked nicer, but the price reflected that! We will be coming from the Bora Bora Nui OWB for 5 days, so have to save a little. I did like the idea of closer to town and being able to go to the markets ect. Thanks again.

mattoon,il
Level Contributor
19 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moorea Pearl good choice???

We stayed at the Pearl this Feb/March and loved it. Everything was great in our opinion. The staff was friendly and helpful, the food was good and the location in regards to town was ideal. I wouldn't hesitate to return there on any future visits!

California
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Moorea Pearl good choice???

As far as location, the Pearl is the best choice!

Arizona, USA
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Moorea Pearl good choice???

In March we stayed at the Pearl (the year before we were at the Sheraton and year before that we were at the Intercontinental). Hands down best value for a nice resort is the Pearl. Like Scully, I prefer the Sheraton, however the Pearl is a lovely resort and I would go back in a heartbeat. You can't go wrong with the pearl. If you snorkle out to the 'horizon' OWB there are some drop offs and some decent snorkling can be found there. The service was excellent. Enjoy the Pearl, we did.