We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Moorea Honeymoon

Jacksonville Beach
2 posts
Save Topic
Sheraton Moorea Honeymoon

We are staying at the Sheraton for our honeymoon in August. My fiance rented one of the over-water bungalows. We haven't even considered a rental car. Do we need one? Is local transportation convenient and safe? We were hoping to be entertain mostly at he Sheraton. Is that possible? Any thoughts would be wonderful?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sheraton Moorea Honeymoon

Scubadoll,

Also a quick note. If you are a snorkeler and you have your own mask and snorkel take it. The hotel provides them but they are not very good and if you have a small head they are really hard to fit. It may even be worth buying equipment here before you go as the snorkeling is great but with so-so gear it can be kind of boring as you constantly have to clear your mask out!

Northland

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,462 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Sheraton Moorea Honeymoon

You'll probably wish to rent a car for one day to see the island!!! It is a gorgeous place that deserves some time to really take in...this can be easily done from the concierge desk at the hotel anytime. The beach at the Sheraton is wonderful as are the overwater bungalows...The hotel isn't close to shops or restaurants...some will pick you up at the hotel for dinner if you wish...just arrange with the concierge...(your new best friend). You won't need a car most of the time...they've got the beach,bar,restaurant,snorkeling,and most all you'll need right there at the Sheraton.

Try a circle island tour in your car...it only takes about an hour to drive around...make time for stops for photos and a snack or cocktail stop...so much to see! There are 4X4 tours and motu picnics just to mention a couple...

have a wonderful time!

sunny regards,

shully

phoenix
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Sheraton Moorea Honeymoon

Thanks Northland and Shully! I was actually wondering about the snorkel situation! I generally prefer to use my own gear, but my friends were planning to use what the hotel has to offer. I will definitely suggest that they buy gear here in the States, as we will be in the water 80% of the time!

I also keep reading about the Juice Factory being a fun excursion. Have either of you been there?

As far as dining, it looks like your best bet is to venture out. So, my plans are to go to Te Ono Iti, Le Bateau, and perhaps Alfredo's. Good choices yes?

Many thanks, Scubadoll

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Sheraton Moorea Honeymoon

We did not do the Juice tour so I can not recommend anything about that. As for resturants we ate at Alfredos it was good. They had live music on Sunday night when we were there. Just a one man band but he was quite entertaining. We also had friends who ate at the floating restaurant and they said it was some of the best food they had on the island? Maybe another option?

Northland