We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at bungalow between Sofitel and airport?

Lexington, Ky.
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone stayed at bungalow between Sofitel and airport?

My husband and I are interested in a private 1 bedroom bungalow owned by Michel Tamagna in Temae. Being a small place with only 2 bungalows, I haven't found any reviews of it. It is listed on www.homeaway.com. If anyone is familiar with these, I would love some feedback.

Also, what is the area like? Nice beach, nearby grocery and shops?

Thanks for any info.

Gina

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed at bungalow between Sofitel and airport?

Ia orana

temae boast the best beach of the island of moorea. the only property i have found on the website you mentioned is the following :

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p646566a

It is located on the coral reef itself with no lagoon, the tide pools make for the best natural jacuzzi. the other plus of that area is that in season you can get whales coming into that bay just a few dozen yards from the water edge.

The link given offers a great value for a very contemporary bungalow with a view to the sun rising behind the island of Tahiti.

there is a convenience store not far behind on the golf course road. you will need to rent a car for the marketing at the supermarket champion near tjthe ferry dock or for your breakfast at carameline for the coconut croissants in maharepa.

I hope that you will love Temae as I do. the best kept secret on Moorea

make sure to visit the local Painter / jeweller Kerebel Golden Nugget ( there are wood signs all the way from the main road to the studio a few houses down from that bungalow.

Lexington, Ky.
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stayed at bungalow between Sofitel and airport?

Hi Meherio,

Thanks for your quick response.

I should have listed the Home Away #665804a "Moorea Vacation Rental Bungalow" is the one to which I am referring. More in the Tahitian style.

Any comments on it?

Gina

Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
967 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stayed at bungalow between Sofitel and airport?

That is the former pension "le baie de Nuarei' which closed some time ago. it is a beautiful property but you'd need some kind of wheels to get around

Lexington, Ky.
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone stayed at bungalow between Sofitel and airport?

Thanks Poehere,

I asume it has reopened and is currently in operation.

Now I have been able to find reviews of it. It does sound pretty isolated, and requires a car, but otherwise a very nice pension.

5. Re: Anyone stayed at bungalow between Sofitel and airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, October 29, 2012