We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunbathing au natural

san diego
1 post
Save Topic
sunbathing au natural

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Moorea and we were wondering if sunbathing au natural is legal, socially acceptable and the norm for some beaches as opposed to others.....

We are not perverts, we just don't like tan lines....

Thanks, Kevin

Mentioned in this post
Moorea
Moorea
Society Islands, French Polynesia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunbathing au natural

Last time I was in Hilton Moorea it is not uncommon to see tourists sun bathing in "natural" way.

Mentioned in this post
Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa
Hilton Moorea Lagoon...
3,607 Reviews
Moorea, French Polynesia
San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunbathing au natural

What one does on thier own deck is their business. However, topless is acceptable on the beach but bottoms should be worn.

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,567 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunbathing au natural

Tiki is absolutely correct:

Definately wear bottoms in public! Tops off is fine.

sunny regards,

shully

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Vaitape, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sunbathing au natural

We've accidentally viewed some completely nude sunbathers on overwater decks (and WHY are the naked ones never the pretty ones?), but by the pool and on the beaches, the most nudity we've seen is topless-only. It seemed to be largely European guests, as well.

5. Re: sunbathing au natural

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 08, 2010