We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Over water bungalows at Hilton Moorea?

Boston
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Which Over water bungalows at Hilton Moorea?

Hi - I am looking for suggestions on which OWB to request at the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort Spa. My husband and I will be there in May 2010. We are paying for our stay with rewards points and understand we'd get a garden view room so we are prepared to pay extra for the OWB since this may be our only trip to Moorea.

Specifically I'm looking for room numbers, if possible. I realize that some of the OWBs are more expensive than others and don't really expect to request and get the most expensive level of room. (Unless others have done this and have been successful?) We would love sunset view but suspect these are the high priced rooms. We really want a bungalow that is quiet and does not have much foot traffic going by.

Can anyone help with suggestions please? Does anyone know if the OWBs with a mountainview are too close to the beach? My husband is concerned that those rooms may not be a good choice because they are noisy or not positioned well for swimming from the bungalow deck.

Thanks in advance for you help!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Over water bungalows at Hilton Moorea?

Look at this posting. This person also has a link to the rooms with some good advice.

tripadvisor.com/…21199492

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Over water bungalows at Hilton Moorea?

When you look at the map #86 is a good choice. Sunset view but still private. #109 is nice but there is a lookout to the right that will have guest who can see toward your room. If your going to get stuck with a mountain view overwater I would choose #97. It was some sunset views and you look back toward the resort. The best snorkeling is between the beack and #97. If you get a mountain view on the right side you will be looking at some older private residences that are next door to the resort.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
829 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Over water bungalows at Hilton Moorea?

We just stayed in #93 and absolutely loved it, although I agree that #95 or #97 may be better just because they are a little further out and may offer more privacy. #93 was a standard OWB and I would give anything to be back in that room right now! The snorkeling was awesome and the mountain views were incredible. I actually preferred having both mountain and ocean views. We still had a view out over the breakers into the open ocean. The only downside is that our balcony was visible from the beach and restaurants, so I suppose that limits privacy a bit. Didn't bother us any though. I would actually request that side again in the future as I found the view much more beautiful than having strictly ocean. Also, our side was a lot more protected from the strong winds that came through on occassion. Lastly, we did have sunset view, although that can change depending on the time of year.

Boston
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Over water bungalows at Hilton Moorea?

Thank you all for your responses! The link, map and info about the different bungalows - everything is extremely helpful. We're so excited about figuring out which one to request.

Thanks so much -

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Over water bungalows at Hilton Moorea?

I stayed at OWB 71 and had a direct view of Moorea and Cooks Bay. We were quite happy with it because we were already overwhelmed by the beauty of the island and lagoon, not to mention the beautiful renovated bungalow. No matter what, I think you will enjoy the stay there.

Boston
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Over water bungalows at Hilton Moorea?

Thanks for the feedback. I like the idea of overlooking Moorea and Cooks Bay. I tend to think we'll be just as overwhelmed by the beauty of the island and area. It will be a long way for us to travel but well worth it to get to experience a place like that.

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Over water bungalows at Hilton Moorea?

Just bto clarify my post. #71 though it has a view of the inlet of Cooks bay and some mountain slops it will also be looking into the private residence to the east of the resort. I've stayed in #72 across form #71 so I know well what it is looking at.

Food for thought

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Over water bungalows at Hilton Moorea?

Yes OWB 71 also has view of private residences next to Hilton Moorea. From time to time you can see the kids riding the boat out, or swim across to Hilton Moorea and go to take a shower on one of the unoccupied OWBs at the platform.

9. Re: Which Over water bungalows at Hilton Moorea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 07, 2010