We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking activities in Moorea

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
112 reviews
Booking activities in Moorea

Hi all,

I will be coming to FP and will be staying in Hilton Moorea next Saturday for 7 days. I have had a look at some of the activities offered by Hilton, such as circle island tour, ray feeding, 4wd tour etc. Just wondering whether it is worth booking it directly with hotel, or there are other places in Moorea that has specific discounts on these tours? I assume all these tours are run by the same companies, and the hotel acts as selling agents?

Many thanks,

Edison

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,641 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Booking activities in Moorea

Hi Edison:

It is easiest to just book with the concierge at the hotel the day before you wish to go on an excursion.

Otherwise you can email and make advance reservations or call them from your room (a fee for phone calls). If you book way in advance the weather may not be perfect for snorkeling etc. You may save alittle $ in doing it this way. But it is far easier to just book with the activities desk.

sunny regards,

shully

South Dakota
Level Contributor
105 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Booking activities in Moorea

I will be staying at the Pearl in July and I wonder if it's cheaper to book excursions through the front desk. We will be looking to save money where possible(like buying food at the market) so we will do whatever is cheapest.

So is it cheaper to book through the front desk of the resort or meander out on your own and book it yourself?

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,641 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Booking activities in Moorea

Meandering about to try to book activities on your own takes up precious time that you are paying for!

Every second counts in paradise. Just book with the activities director at the resort for the easiest and smoothest way.

sunny regards,

shully

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
244 posts
1 review
4. Re: Booking activities in Moorea

We are leaving in two weeks and have already booked or inquired as to price for some of our excursions. From what I have read it is definitely cheaper to do it this way. The only problem is that we may need to be flexible with regards to the weather. This means if we need to change we will have to make a phone call from the hotel(not sure what the cost for a local phone call will be). We have not had to pay up front for our tours. I'll try to let you know how it worked out when I get back.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Booking activities in Moorea

Hiro's Tours (based out of the Club Bali Hai) offer a 500 xpf discount on their Moto Picnic if you book in advance. I asked them what "advance" is, and they said 24-hours. I have a spreadsheet of the prices and dates each of their excursions are offered, if anyone's interested.

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
282 posts
33 reviews
6. Re: Booking activities in Moorea

Edisondownunder:

Please post a review of the Hilton Moorea when you get back. I'm planning to go there soon.

thanks,

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
112 reviews
7. Re: Booking activities in Moorea

Sure. I will do this when I get back from the trip.

Pismo Beach...
Level Contributor
189 posts
100 reviews
8. Re: Booking activities in Moorea

Like emcmahon, I'll be staying at the Pearl (in August). I've heard Albert's tours is across the street from the Pearl...would it be better/cheaper to go through them or the hotel desk? Also, do they offer any discounts if we book multiple excursions through them?

South Dakota
Level Contributor
105 posts
22 reviews
9. Re: Booking activities in Moorea

I've read it is cheaper to go through Albert's than the front desk.

And I've also read that a discount has been offered since a couple booked three days in a row with them.

10. Re: Booking activities in Moorea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, October 23, 2009