We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports bars in Moorea

New Jersey
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sports bars in Moorea

Do they exist? Wondering if I'll have a chance to still watch a football game while I'm out there.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sports bars in Moorea

Ia orana

tivo, tivo, tivo.... you will do enough sweating there without the sport already ! save your energy

Meherio

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Sports bars in Moorea

Too funny Nick. Two out of your three posts so far are about football! Yeah, I'm also sweating details of my trip right now, but the second I land in French Polynesia I've got "no worries man"... as I'm sure is the case for most people.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
480 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Sports bars in Moorea

The only way to get the football scores is the internet. The CNN at night shows highlights of european soccer only. My wife would just laugh at me running to the hotel lobby (Pearl Resort) every 20 minutes to check the score of the USC football game. I would just have her order another mai tai by the pool because SC won by 30 points. Happy day poolside.

Southern California
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Sports bars in Moorea

Unfortunately, as others have stated, it's going to be VERY hard to find sports of any kind to watch on the island! It's too bad though. They don't really have sports bars or anything like that, and even in your hotel room, the only English channel you're going to get is CNN!!

I can't believe anyone would schedule a vacation/honeymoon during football season!! :)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Sports bars in Moorea

ia orana

Another way is to spot at the hotel the newly arrived guest. some might have yesterday's LA or NY times.....

That tivo sounds so good though.

Meherio

16. Re: Sports bars in Moorea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 28, 2009