We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reply to Pub7

Conneticut
9 posts
Save Topic
Reply to Pub7

Thank you so much for answering my questions. As for this is a very important honeymoon for us both. Do you live in the area there? Do you know if there are any brand new hotels that are opening htis month and next and what are their names? Is it true the mosquitos are bad? Thos don't bother me i'll just bring bug repelant and maybe travel with some citronella candles in my lugage.

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reply to Pub7

2710, I live east of San Francisco. I hope to heck that there are no more hotels opening on Bora Bora, there are way too many as it is. I have a hard time with what has happened there and that it is no longer a yearly vacation destination. Once again, I would not worry and I really would like to see you consider Hotel Bora Bora. I NEVER received one mosquito bite there. They can be bad depending on the location, island, and time of year. October is not one of the worst months. The cooler months, May-September will usually be less buggy. One glaring difference I can tell you about concerned Bora Bora and Moorea. It was during April, Hotel Bor had zero sand fleas, I got butchered by them on Moorea. Let me know if you need more, glad to help you. pub

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Reply to Pub7

Yes, there are TONS of mosquitos there......more so during certain times of the year. The last time we were there was in May and my wife didn't put on any repellant and she got over 20 bites!! And this was at the Bora Bora airport!! As long as you use your repellant religously, you should be OK.

3. Re: Reply to Pub7

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, August 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tahiti