We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelscene.com safe?

Houston
3 posts
Save Topic
Travelscene.com safe?

Has anyone booked with TravelScene before? What was your experience?

I am confused with the tahititourisme.com website because every time I call the 1-877 number, I get a different company... such as Tahiti Legends or something else, and the prices keep varying even though its the same vacation package. Can anyone clear up my confusion? Thanks!

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelscene.com safe?

If you are uncomfortable just move on to another company.

Regards BO

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelscene.com safe?

Tahiti Legends is a reputable company. I have used them twice.

Not sure what the problem is with the number though. And I have never heard of TravelScene....not that it isn't a reputable company, it may very well be....but I personally have never heard of it.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Vaitape, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelscene.com safe?

Prices can also vary some day by day as the exchange rates change. It's always advisable to shop your package around, however, and make sure that all of the prices you're getting are in the right ballpark. It's hard to know if the package you're inquiring about is *exactly* the same at different TAs until it's priced out on an itinerary and you can see every connection, transfer, inclusion, etc.

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
442 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelscene.com safe?

I've booked with Tahiti Legends, Travel Scene and Pleasant Holidays. I had no problem with either one of them. I did hear Islands in the Sun sends your documents a little late but that was years ago.

5. Re: Travelscene.com safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, November 18, 2012
6. Re: Travelscene.com safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, December 14, 2013