We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I stay 5 days in PPT or split 2 days PPT and 3 days...

Poland
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Should I stay 5 days in PPT or split 2 days PPT and 3 days...

Before our trip to Bora Bora ( we will stay there 8 nights) we are able to stay 5 days in Papeete. Please advice:

- should we stay 3 days in PPT and 2 days in Moorea or just stay 5 days in Papeete with some day excursions to Moorea.

- How long will take us to go to Moorea from our Hotel ( intercontinental tahiti.) Is there a hotel transfer to ferry etc. Is it 2-3 hours way or half a day ?

Please help: Is it worth to leave interconti.tahiti and go by ferry to Moorea just for 2 days ?

thank you in advance..

LA
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I stay 5 days in PPT or split 2 days PPT and 3 days...

I would spend more time on Moorea than Tahiti. The ferry ride is only 30-minutes.

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,301 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I stay 5 days in PPT or split 2 days PPT and 3 days...

northm, spend as much time as possible on an outer island. I spent as much as a week on tyahiti but the hotel I preferred was well out of Papeete. I also was there for 3-4 weeks for the majority of my trips. Pub

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,462 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I stay 5 days in PPT or split 2 days PPT and 3 days...

go to Moorea and stay there as long as you can! The ferry is quite easy to take...actually nice as well! Just take a cab from your hotel...it'll be expensive from the Intercontinental...ask the concierge about other transport such as Le Truck. It is a 40 minute ferry ride across the Bay of the Moon and you may even see dolphins! The island of Moorea is gorgeous...lots to see and do. Papeete is a big city with lots of people. The island is beautiful to drive around but the city is dirty. The Paul Gauguin museum is nice and the Le Marche (marketplace)is fun for shopping...beautiful black beaches and vistas but not the white sandy sweeping beaches one expects in Tahiti.

Moorea has gorgeous sandy beaches, many affordable places to stay and there are 4X4 tours, snorkeling, swimming in the lagoon, sunset cruises, diving and more.

sunny regards,

shully

Poland
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I stay 5 days in PPT or split 2 days PPT and 3 days...

Thank you very much for your advise. One more question: Is it worth to stay at intercontinental Tahiti ? Is it far from Papeete ?