We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Tikigal - bugs!

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
2 Tikigal - bugs!

2 Tikigal - G'day and thanks. Just heard from Motel Albert so no probelm now. Will take an arsenal of bug spray! After being in Florida 2 weeks we will probably have exhausted our supply so can you recommend a US bug spray with DEET in it?

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
332 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Tikigal - bugs!

G'day to you, lollylegs. Glad to hear Albert's replied to you.

For bugs, I love this stuff: http://www.buggspray.com/vanilla.html. It's extra strong bug spray with deet and smells like vanilla! Has worked well for me over my last two trips. I also bought some stuff at REI (outfitter for camping, et al) that smelled like eucalyptus and was very strong for repelling mozzies. I also sprayed my sheets with the vanilla stuff the time I stayed at Albert's, and that helped a lot. Be sure to put plenty of bug spray on your feet and ankles in the evenings, the mozzies hover under tables. Have fun!

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,312 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Tikigal - bugs!

Think how much more enjoyable tropic vacations would be without those infernal pests! The old Hotel Bora Bora was one of the most amazing places on earth. Thinking back on it, I was never once bitten by a mosquito! And I went at various times of the year (they are worse certain times of he year) Wonder what they did? I think I'll find out. I still talk to the former general manager. I'll let you guys know. Pub