We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather - Moorea and Bora Bora, July/August

Boston
2 posts
Save Topic
Weather - Moorea and Bora Bora, July/August

We just booked our honeymoon for late July/early August 2008. We are planning to split our time between the Sheraton Moorea, Bora Bora Nui and St Regis.

Can someone help me get a sense for what we should expect the weather to be? From what I have read, it sounds like this time is dry season with temperatures of around 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Does this sound right?

Thank you.

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather - Moorea and Bora Bora, July/August

Congratulations to your upcoming marriage and a wonderful choice of destination for your honeymoon.

Yes you are right it is the dry season (still expect a fe short rains) perfect time of year to go.

Regards Bo

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,441 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather - Moorea and Bora Bora, July/August

Perfect.................

historical weather:

www.weatherbase.com

sunny regards,

shully

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,296 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather - Moorea and Bora Bora, July/August

Pretty much and I consider it the most comfortable time of the year. During the hotter months it can be pretty trying and enjoying the beach very difficult due to a brutal intense sun. A fine day during July and August will have avg. Highs of 78-82, night time lows avg-65-70. There can and actually will be periods of overcast days where it can feel a bit cool even tough the highs will still be in the mid -70's.

nights during this pattern can feel chilly with the increased winds. I found it fascinating that during my first ever trip to Tahiti (July 80) it was 72 when we landed at 4am and the natives had sweatshirts on. It's all relative as that is cold to them. Some months the low during a 24 hour period can never drop below 75 or higher.

Boston
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather - Moorea and Bora Bora, July/August

Thank you for your responses. Very helpful!

5. Re: Weather - Moorea and Bora Bora, July/August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, September 17, 2009