We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room upgrades when you get there?

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Room upgrades when you get there?

I noticed many people saying that they were upgraded once they got to their hotels. Does this happen often? Is it more likely if it's a honeymoon? We wanted a OWB but booking and paying that price prior seems silly if they usually upgrade you anyways. I guess there is just no guarentt and depends on how booked they are?

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
69 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room upgrades when you get there?

K&C, at the Intercontinentel Moorea we were upgraded from beach to OWB beacuse of the Intercontinental Ambassador Program we had joined for $150. We met another couple who had done the same and were upgraded from garden to beach. When we checked in the couple next door to us wanted to upgrade and the person helping us offered them the following:

-Pay$150 to join the Ambassador program and we will upgrade you FOC for 4 nights or

- Pay $150/night to upgrade

So they joined the Ambassador program! The point really is that it was nice of the hotel to let them have that option. I did not hear of anyone getting upgraded FOC unless they were Ambassador members but then again we did not talk to lots of people.

At Tikehau we just asked and we were upgraded after I agreed to $75/night extra. Ironically or maybe it is just their way of saving everyone taking them for a ride, once we were installed in our new room we were told it was a complimentary upgrade.

Finally, everyone, ok 85% of people who go to FP are on their honeymoon so there is very little special treatment as it is the norm. At the Intercontinentals you get a T-Shirt and a Pareo. At Tikehau, flowers all over the room and fruit!

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
332 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room upgrades when you get there?

If you want an OWB, reserve and pay for it. Being on a honeymoon does not guarantee anything--upgrades, better service, etc. Remember, you are one pair of thousands of honeymooners visiting these islands. The Intercontinental does offer this Ambassador club deal, and sometimes upgrades are offered, for a price, if the hotel is not full. Do not expect freebie upgrades.

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Room upgrades when you get there?

Thanks! I'll make sure I book the room I want.