We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tucan Travel 18-35 Tour for 26 year old single girl

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tucan Travel 18-35 Tour for 26 year old single girl

Hey everyone,

I am looking to do my first solo travel! I've got my heart on going to Costa Rica. I have found a 9 day tour which looks great on Tucan Travel. Has anyone done this tour? Its called 'nature trail'.

If you haven't done this specific tour could you recommend the company?

I am also thinking of doing a stop over each way as you cannot get a direct flight there. Any recommendations for a stop over?

My budget is reasonable, but its the adventure I am after not a luxury holiday. I am looking for adventure and to meet likeminded people preferable in their 20/30s.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tina

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,763 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tucan Travel 18-35 Tour for 26 year old single girl

Flying from Europe, you can go Iberia (direct flight MAD-SJO), KLM (AMS-PTY-SJO) or number of airlines that connects via US. Personally I would go KLM. If you have more then 9 days then Panama City is a great stop over destination.

If not going with Tucan Travel, there are plenty of locally based travel companies offering a miriad of different tours. AnywhereCostarica, being just one of them.

Happy planning and Safe Trails!

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tucan Travel 18-35 Tour for 26 year old single girl

You may find my review in the trip reports section of Iberia helpful.

Cheapest is always (whenever I've looked) via the US but then you've the hassle of getting an ESTA and the ridiculous US transit policy (exit plane>through immigration>collect bags>through customs>re-checkin bags (JFK was efficient, Miami a shambles)>pass through airport security>proceed to gate).

However, popular routes are via JFK and MIA as mentioned and both make great stop off spots. Due to the US transit policy you'll already have your ESTA and will have taxes loaded into your ticket price for entering the country so you could get your value for all that, remove the transit stress (and time delay, needing 3hrs between flights to do it all) and spend a couple of days in 2 of the East Coast's most interesting cities.

Personally I'm going to try for Xelas' recommendation next time, via Panama.

3. Re: Tucan Travel 18-35 Tour for 26 year old single girl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 19, 2015