We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Rica Dental Team

Berlin, Germany
3 posts
Costa Rica Dental Team

I have read a lot of great reviews about Costa Rica Dental Team in San Jose, Costa Rica. I see that the company is American-owned, which is great. Has anyone had dental treatments by this company? How was your experience? I would love to know if they are recommended for dental implants and full mouth reconstructions.

Thanks so much!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
24 reviews
29 helpful votes
1. Re: Costa Rica Dental Team

Why is it a good thing that this company is "American-owned?" Do you not understand that the American health care system is the most screwed up in the developed world?

There are quite a few excellent dentists and dental clinics in Costa Rica that are owned and operated by Costa Ricans. All you need to do is search this forum and you will find several long discussions about the various recommended clinics.

It will also depend on what type of work you need/want. I live in a small rural village in Costa Rica and my local dentist is better, frankly, than any dentist I went to when I lived in the US. No, I would not go to her for surgery or extensive cosmetic work - but otherwise, she is excellent.

Wisconsin Rapids...
Level Contributor
9 posts
55 reviews
69 helpful votes
2. Re: Costa Rica Dental Team

Hi Lisa:

I presume that by American-owned, you are hoping that they will understand your needs and will also speak English. While Hattie is correct that there are lots of good dentists in Costa Rica, I have been using Costa Rica Dental Team for years and have been very happy. You specifically asked about implants and full mouth reconstructions. I have received three implants from Costa Rica Dental Team and three years later...all is good. The deciding factor for me was a 10 year guarantee, and the fact that they have an onsite dental lab to make any needed corrections without sending them off to another lab. One of my friends got both arches reconstructed, essentially a full mouth restoration, and is very happy. The pricing is very good, often surprisingly less than many local clinics I compared them to. The owner Mike Lomax is a great guy and takes a personal interest in almost every case. He looked in on me several times to make sure that I was happy and if I needed anything. My dentist Yelda was incredible, and made me feel comfortable the entire time. I even brought my 87 year old father for a load of work. He speaks ZERO Spanish, and was able to understand everything. Long story short...I am a big fan of Costa Rica Dental Team. Lisa...if you have any other questions, just let me know and I will be happy to share what I know.

Berlin, Germany
3 posts
3. Re: Costa Rica Dental Team

Hi Patrick!

Thank you very much for your reply!

This was exactly what I meant with American-owned. I don't speak a word Spanish, so it would be very helpful if the doctors speak English.

Your answer was very helpful because I need to get dental implants, eventually a full mouth reconstruction.

I've already heard that the dentists of the Costa Rica Dental Team are outstanding and I really appreciate your comment!

Thank you very much!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
24 reviews
29 helpful votes
4. Re: Costa Rica Dental Team

All the dental clinics discussed in the several long threads about dentistry in Costa Rica have English-speaking staff. I mean -- they specialize in "dental tourism" so why wouldn't they?

Check out the other threads. Lots of discussion there and lots of choices. This is starting to sound like an "infomercial."

5. Re: Costa Rica Dental Team

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, February 24, 2015
Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
4,981 posts
111 reviews
47 helpful votes
6. Re: Costa Rica Dental Team

Uhm, something smells fishy:

OP's posted name: Laura.

Reply from Goodness: Hi Lisa.

Laura/Lisa's reply: Hi Patrick (although Goodness never mentions his name in his reply).

Also, Laura from Berlin, Germany - why would you fly to CR to get your dental work done when it is demonstrably cheaper to do so in Germany?

I'm with Hattie - this is nothing more than spam, although the approach is a bit more sophisticated than what can usually be observed around here. Kudos for the creativity.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
53,588 posts
122 reviews
21 helpful votes
7. Re: Costa Rica Dental Team

Framptonian ...you are so correct...now that iI read that the person from Wisconsin just with 4 posters...2 are talking great things for the ENGLISH speaking clinic...fishy...NAAAAAAAAAAA!!

roadadvisor

Edited: 12:41 pm, December 19, 2013
Berlin, Germany
3 posts
8. Re: Costa Rica Dental Team

Hi Framptonian:

I am confused by all of these comments.

I am just looking for information. I heard good things about Costa Rica Dental Team and Dentavac. (Thank you roadadvisor) I have also read good reviews of Prisma with some not so good reviews as well. Many comments are clear advertisements. I am just looking for honest feedback from actual patients.

Thank you.

Laura

9. Re: Costa Rica Dental Team

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, February 24, 2015
Chapel Hill, NC
14 posts
10. Re: Costa Rica Dental Team

Laura,

There are a couple of reviews from "actual patients" of Costa Rica Dental Team on the Topix "Dentist in Costa Rica" thread. You will have to search for them over the past six months. The reviews were positive and encouraging.

I'm an "actual patient" of another Costa Rican dentist for my full-mouth restoration in 2010-11. But I visited CRDT and toured the lab in November 2010. It is a very good lab and a suitable choice for patients needing a lot of crowns. During my research in late 2010, I talked with "actual patients" of CRDT who had full-mouth restorations, and they were also positive. My impression is that they are one of the better dental clinics in CR.

My general advice to prospective dental patients: Get names of patients from clinics you're interested in and contact them via email or phone.

FWIW.

-dave