We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap motels (with pool) near juan santamaria airport

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
cheap motels (with pool) near juan santamaria airport

hello all. i am planning to arrive in san jose and take a flight to quepos. however, if my jet arrives late in san jose i will miss the flight to quepos and have to stay in san jose for a day. i would prefer to get the cheapest place closest to the airpot and it has to have a pool because my back is going to be really sore from the flight. help in this is much appreciated !!!!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
12,624 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap motels (with pool) near juan santamaria airport

Adventure Inn is not the cheapest place, yet it has a pool, is in safe area, walking distance to a shopping mall, and has free shuttle to and from the airport.

Jaco, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap motels (with pool) near juan santamaria airport

Google Hotel Berlor. It is within about 5 minutes of the airport, is small and owned by a nice Tico family. Has a big pool in the back and the rates were very low for that area last time I stayed there.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap motels (with pool) near juan santamaria airport

Hotel Mi Tierra is pretty basic and inexpensive and has a pool.

Keep in mind that the airport is actually in Alajuela, not San Jose.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
45,538 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap motels (with pool) near juan santamaria airport

Most of the time cheap is not good and of course without a pool...try hotel aeropuerto...free shuttle nice ppol affordable hotel no cheap...

Roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap motels (with pool) near juan santamaria airport

Be careful with "motels" in Costa Rica. Most are drive-in affairs used predominantly for extra-marital affairs... Although you can sometimes get good hourly rates.

One of the more famous being Motel Eden just down from the Radisson. The magazine SOHO did a great review of 5 or so motels in one of their early issues...

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
306 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap motels (with pool) near juan santamaria airport

A friend of mine stay at Hotel Luisiana and told me it was a great place, cheap with a pool.

http://www.hotelluisiana.com/

Yukon
Level Contributor
155 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cheap motels (with pool) near juan santamaria airport

Hotel La Rosa de America is very reasonably priced and has a lovely large pool.

8. Re: cheap motels (with pool) near juan santamaria airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 08, 2014