We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Topic
Flight

Would anyone happen to know how long the flight is from Edmonton.

Whitby, ON Canada
Level Contributor
260 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight

This was asked in another post a couple of weeks ago by someone in Calgary. They were flying direct non-stop to Liberia which I figured would be roughly 6.5-7 hours (longer for you of course adding the Calgary-Edmonton bit). If you're flying into San Jose, maybe add another half-hour as well. If you're not flying direct, the flight from Calgary to Houston (the 'hub' to get to Liberia)is 4 hours, plus layover time, then 3:40 hrs. to Liberia (therefore 7 hrs. 40 mins. ++). I assume you're not travelling via Toronto...that flight on Air Canada direct non-stop is about 5 hrs. 15 mins.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
377 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight

You really should consider a Canadian city as your hub!! The trip from Edmonton through Toronto to San Jose is roughly ten hours including layover time. We recently flew back to Canada through Houston and ended up missing our connecting flight because you have to claim your luggage and clear customs in Houston..which took us forever.

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight

16canuck: That's too bad you missed your flight!! Thanks for the advise, I would not have thought of that!! Where did you stay?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
377 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight

The upside was that we were flying Continental, and they had another flight a few hours later...they had new boarding passes waiting for us. We certainly can't complain about their service, however, since 911, clearing customs in the US has become somewhat more time consuming and we avoid making connections here if we have alternatives.

Whitby, ON Canada
Level Contributor
260 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight

I agree with 16canuck that you could avoid the customs/luggage hassles from connecting through a US airport. The only down-side of using Air Canada through Toronto is that they depart at 9:10 am and return at 8:50 pm., and then only on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. So, you're looking at either a 'red-eye' to/from Edmonton of overnighting in TO at both ends. The other chap I mentioned from Calgary was luckily flying direct, non-stop which sounds like a charter. Maybe contact a travel agent out your way to see if they can find you a similar flight.

Whitby, ON Canada
Level Contributor
260 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight

I agree with 16canuck that you could avoid the customs/luggage hassles from connecting through a US airport. The only down-side of using Air Canada through Toronto is that they depart at 9:10 am and return at 8:50 pm., and then only on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. So, you're looking at either a 'red-eye' to/from Edmonton of overnighting in TO at both ends. The other chap I mentioned from Calgary was luckily flying direct, non-stop which sounds like a charter. Maybe contact a travel agent out your way to see if they can find you a similar flight.

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight

Well it's not till February so hopefully I can find something! I wish it would leave at midnight so that you are there in the morning and have the whole day!! Thanks :)

8. Re: Flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 12, 2009