We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tamarindo: Capitan Suizo versus El Jardin De Eden

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Beach,CA
Level Contributor
493 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Tamarindo: Capitan Suizo versus El Jardin De Eden

Hello,

Looking to stay in Tamarindo (with 9 people) for 4 nights in first week of August.

Anyone have strong preference (e.g. location to beach, hotel, etc) of either Capitan Suizo OR El Jardin De Eden? Either one of these look very nice and I have read reviews so I am fairly up to speed on the good and the not so good on these hotels.

Looking for other views.

Lastly, Capitan Suizo has rooms with and without Air Conditioning. My gut feeling says YES to AC - is this needed in August?

Thanks, Lonna Linda

san jose
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tamarindo: Capitan Suizo versus El Jardin De Eden

capitan suizo is on the sand , I liked it alot , Eden is on the hill , alittle walk to the beach , I have been using a company called dosoceanostours.net to help me get all the right details

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
200 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tamarindo: Capitan Suizo versus El Jardin De Eden

You're definately going to want AC. I think if being as close to the beach as possible is important, then stay at Suizo. I think it will cost more, and you may have trouble getting the rooms there because they have a policy of maintaining a mixture of gringos and Europeans at the hotel.

Jardin del Eden is very nice, and the veiws are amazing, but it's just a short walk from the beach. A lot closer to town though, but still off the road and quiet.

happy travels

san jose
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tamarindo: Capitan Suizo versus El Jardin De Eden

good discription of the hotels , if you have trouble getting a reservation , ask the agency I mentioned above to quote you the various room rates , I think they got alot of pull in CR

4. Re: Tamarindo: Capitan Suizo versus El Jardin De Eden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, August 14, 2009