We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Costarica

New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Costarica

I am travelling to Costa Rica this week. I am travelling alone and plan to take bus everywhere. Also, I would prefer to be in forest and adventure sports(not too risky). Here is my intenerary,if you comment is it too much to cover in 7 days.

Day 1 - San Jose

Day 2 - Poas Volcano and Travel to Monterverde

Day 3&4 - Monteverde Cloud Forest

Day 5 afternoon reach Arenal Volcano

Day 6 & 7Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna

Day 8 - Playa Tamarindo

Day 9 Travel from Tamarindo to Liberia Airport

Few Questions :

1) Is it worth spending time going for Poas Volcano,as later I am going to Arenal Volcano ?

2) How is bus transportation between city ?

Any other link to adventure companies in Monteverde will be helpful.

San Jose, Costa Rica
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Costarica

We have good bus system but can be tricky finding bus stations...of course is possible...just common sense..

Roadadvisor

Edited: 2:51 pm, September 09, 2013
New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Costarica

Do you have any comments on going to Poas Volcano and Arenal volcano - Is it worth covering both?

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Costarica

No way is that schedule doable using the bus. I'd skip Poas entirely if you're not going to have a car to drive you up. Also, I'd choose between Arenal or Monterverde--not enough to do both plus Tamarindo. I'd probably skip Monteverde.

4. Re: Trip to Costarica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, September 10, 2013
New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Costarica

Thanks for the tip. Is there a website for bus schedule within different cities? Any information will be helpful.

- Thank You

Dhaval Shah

San Jose, Costa RIca
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Costarica

Hi Dhaval, please go to this site , www.visitcostarica.com/ict/paginas/home.asp… it is for the Tourist Board of Costa Rica and select in the drop down menu under Planning Your Visit - Bus Schedule. This has great info. It is in PDF format so that you may print it out.

Thomas

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Costarica

You can also look at www.thebusschedule.com/cr/ -- not perfect but very comprehensive.

8. Re: Trip to Costarica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 12, 2014