We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with early check-in

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
usa
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels with early check-in

Hello,

I'm looking for a hotel that offers early check-in. Our flight arrives at 6am, and I hate the thought of waiting until 2pm to check-in.

Thank you!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels with early check-in

Some hotels will offer early check-in -- IF -- there is a room available that hasn't been slept in the night before. It's hard to predict that.

Keep in mind that the airport is in Alajuela and not San Jose and to a degree, where you stay for your first night will depend on where you are going the next morning.

If you have a destination in mind - other than San Jose - why not just go there first?

usa
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels with early check-in

We have another family member arriving at 7pm. The next day we are heading out to Manuel. I just know we are going to be dead tired.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels with early check-in

That's a problem, for sure.

I doubt that there is any way to guarantee you can check in early. Depending on the time of year, you might not have a problem since hotels in some parts of the year are rarely full. But you would really have to contact the hotel to find out what their policy is about early check-in.

Another option that sounds a little crazy is to rent a simple hostel room for the night before your arrival. Tell them you will be checking in very early in the following am. Then you can go there and have a little nap while waiting for your other room to be ready.

Another option is to book the night before at a hotel that costs a bit more. Hotel Los Volcanes has good rates -- they have doubles for less than $50 which includes a KILLER breakfast. They are open 24 hours a day. I've stayed there and it's very comfortable and close to the center of town (Alajuela) so you can walk around and do some shopping or banking if you like.

At least you can get a few hours of rest while waiting for your "other" room to be ready.

Or - if your budget allows it - whatever hotel you are planning on using, just book the additional night and show up at 7 am. Then you can go straight to your room and no worries about having to wait until 2 pm to check in.

usa
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels with early check-in

Thank you! That's a good idea. I think we will be a hotel for the night before and just stay there for two nights.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels with early check-in

Probably the best thing to do in order to keep you sane and healthy!

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels with early check-in

I have a strong feeling that Adventure Inn would respond positively. Of course it depends on earlier reservations.

7. Re: Hotels with early check-in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 23, 2014