I am going to Costa Rica by myself. I have traveled extensively but this is the first time I am traveling alone so I think I need to rethink my precautions and choices.
My current itinerary is:
• Fly in, do the shuttle pack with Montezuma Expeditions (1 night hotel stay before they take you to your destination)
• Take the ME shuttle to Montezuma
• Week in Montezuma
• Then I have 3 nights before I fly home to do whatever I want, I currently booked an “Americanized” hotel in San Jose but I can cancel this no problem with no penalty
I am a city girl so I was not sure if after a week in Montezuma I would have “enough” of nature so I booked a hotel in San Jose. I know a lot of you will find this really hard to believe :) but I really do enjoy big cities.
I also thought that San Jose would be a good base for some tours. I’m not sure if I made the right decision so I would need some advice:
• I want a place (for my 3 nights) with lots of people so I would feel “safer” walking around by myself, staying at a quiet hotel with nobody around is not really my idea of safe while it is for a lot of people
• Somewhere where I can easily get picked up for tours
• Walkable distance to some attractions (I like shopping and museums)
• Somewhere with AC, Free Wifi/Free International calling (I love that so many places offer free international calling!)
• A gym would be nice in case the weather is bad or if I get bored in the evenings (seems like I can’t go out any night anywhere)
• I really like yoga so it would be great if I could squeeze in at least one class
• Somewhere that cost less than $30 the airport
• Budget <$300/3 nights
Shuttle Pack with Montezuma
• Has anyone had experience with taking the shuttle packs going to Montezuma?
• Do all the hotels they take you have safes in the room? AC?
Thanks everyone! All your insight will be great!