We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time Traveler:Getting from SJO airport to Guanacaste?!

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
First Time Traveler:Getting from SJO airport to Guanacaste?!

Hey guys,

What are your suggestions?

I understand I can do a tour or something of the sort, but those look pretty expensive, and I'd rather explore on my own.

Is there some type of bus/shared shuttle I could use that would neither take hours nor break the bank?

I appreciate all suggestions!

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time Traveler:Getting from SJO airport to Guanacaste?!

Where in Guanacaste are you going from SJO?

Check Interbus or Grayline...the two best shuttle companies in Costa Rica...

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time Traveler:Getting from SJO airport to Guanacaste?!

For shared van shuttle: www.anywherecostarica.com (they are a booking agent for Interbus and others) or www.shuttlebus.co.cr or www.easyridecr.com

For public bus (cheapest) - www.thebusschedule.com You can pick up any bus coming from San Jose going north to the Guanacaste area about 5 minutes from the airport at a bus station known as "La Radial."

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time Traveler:Getting from SJO airport to Guanacaste?!

How reliable and on time are Interbus and Greyline?

Not sure exactly where in Guanacaste yet, it just looks gorgeous -- I'm still working on narrowing down my options.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time Traveler:Getting from SJO airport to Guanacaste?!

Interbus and Grayline are very reliable and on time. (The only exception would be if there is something unavoidable such as traffic accident or breakdown.)

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time Traveler:Getting from SJO airport to Guanacaste?!

If you book with Interbus or Gray Line...you really do n ot need any middle person...book direct with them...they are incredible good...and proffesional...

roadadvisor

6. Re: First Time Traveler:Getting from SJO airport to Guanacaste?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 03, 2014