We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SJO Airport Question..Meeting up with Hubby on later flight?

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
381 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
SJO Airport Question..Meeting up with Hubby on later flight?

Hello

Due to my husband's business travel we are forced to meet at SJO instead of flying together. Unfortunately I am the first to arrive a little over an hour before him at 7pm. Any suggestions on where a women can feel safe hanging around while I wait for him at night?

He is coming from MIA and me DFW both on AA, in case that matters on arrival locations.

We are planning on staying at the Courtyard Marriott near the airport that night before a morning flight to Tambor.

Thanks!

Canada
Level Contributor
4,052 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SJO Airport Question..Meeting up with Hubby on later flight?

Take a cab to Rostipollos www.rostipolloscr.net/home.php?idioma=2 and have a bite to eat. Have him meet you there.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
197 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SJO Airport Question..Meeting up with Hubby on later flight?

They just changed in the last few weeks how arrivals, so besides hanging out near baggage claim or duty free, no great options within the airport. You will feel perfectly safe in this area.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SJO Airport Question..Meeting up with Hubby on later flight?

The Courtyard Marriott is very close to the airport (3-5 min. by vehicle) and has a hotel shuttle. It would be just as easy to get on the shuttle and meet at the hotel. The airport really has nowhere you can wait 'comfortably' for 1.5 hrs.

To meet at Rosti Pollo would cost you a cab ride and unnecessary hauling of luggage around with you.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
381 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SJO Airport Question..Meeting up with Hubby on later flight?

Thank you! Thinking I might head to the hotel.

5. Re: SJO Airport Question..Meeting up with Hubby on later flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 22, 2014