We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manuel Antonio Si Como No vs. Tulemar

Indianapolis
8 posts
Save Topic
Manuel Antonio Si Como No vs. Tulemar

Hi everyone. I am trying to decide between these two hotels. Is anyone familiar with both places that could help me out. We are going in May.

Also this is our first trip. Are the hotels far from places to eat or shop?

Thanks

NY
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Manuel Antonio Si Como No vs. Tulemar

For comparison between the two search the Manuel Antonio forum. There was a discussion of exactly the same question within the last few days. There are plenty of restaurants on the main road in Manuel Antonio. Below is a link to a map. There isn't much shopping. There are a few shops, vendors at the end of the road (by the public beach), and you can drive or take the local bus or taxi into Quepos for more shops.

www.cupotico.com/information_costa_rica.html

2. Re: Manuel Antonio Si Como No vs. Tulemar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:49 am, March 30, 2006
Atlanta
Level Contributor
88 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manuel Antonio Si Como No vs. Tulemar

As the previous poster said, the discussion was about a week ago, so do a search or go back a few pages. My vote is Si Como No. But I am baised, since we stayed there and loved it. If you stay there, get a Duluxe Suite, its worth the extra $$$. Tulemar is adding bungalows so there is the construction noise to consider.

Another note I wish someone had told us, we exchanged $$ in the Miami Airport. We lost so much $$ doing it that way. Si Como No will exchange for you for the exact exchange rate. So get very little before you get there. Also, everywhere takes US Dollars. Oh a last P.S. - our credit card company charged us a "conversion fee" when we charged things in Costa Rica (from Colones to Dollars). Check with your credit card company to see if they apply a fee for conversions. I found this out after we got back and had wished that I knew that before I left, I would have used a different credit card.

Have a great time.

Laura