We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dentist in San Jose?

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sfosmith
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dentist in San Jose?

Can anyone recommend a good english speaking Dentist in San Jose with approximate prices? Visiting Nov 10-15.

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dentist in San Jose?

Excellent, obxpat - I am glad to read that you found a great dentist.

I seem to remember that you were looking in the Escazu area. Is that where NOVA is located?

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Dentist in San Jose?

I used Nova for check ups and cleaning and looked like a great outfit though did not have any serious wor done yet. They are located accross from Marriott Courtyard in Plaza Izcazu in Escazu (accross the HW from CIMA Hospital).

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,751 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Dentist in San Jose?

So far I have had a cleaning (done actually by the dentist not an asst), Whitenening, Mini Sinus Lift, Extraction and 2 Implants. One night and one day on pain pills. Today, 5 days later I have been to the beach, horseback riding at Caribe Sur etc with no pain. Finish up here in 2 days. Back in 4-5 mos for final crowns. I will never be able to go to a US Dentist again!

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Dentist in San Jose?

Wonderful - you might be happy to know (if you ever find yourself in a bind) that other medical services in CR are just as good and inexpensive...

Sometimes, rather than face out-of-pocket costs, deductibles, and co-pays here in the US, it's just cheaper to fly to CR and have things taken care of over there.

As an example, I once had kidney stones and went to Cima in Escazu. My bill was about $350. I also had kidney stones in the US, received pretty much the same treatment, and my bill was roughly $17,000.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Dentist in San Jose?

I love La Caja del Seguro Social...such a great institution...so proud of it...recently I also have a kidney stone problem ...I was staying in Manuel Antonio and wake up at tmiddle of the night with terrible pain...I went to Quepos Hospital...and in a few minutes they toll me that my problem was kidney stones...they give me mediaction...and release me about 3 hours later...my bill...$ 00.00 proud to be costarican!

Same thing happening to me in NYC a few years ago...$ 12,000.00 yikes!!

roadadvisor

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,751 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Dentist in San Jose?

I just had this same conversation with my Husband in the US. He had his 6 mos dental ck up yesterday and they proposed fixing a tiny chip in his front teeth.....I did not even know he had one it is so small! $700! He responded "that's ok, thanks. I'll just go with my Wife to Costa Rica this Fall"!!! I'm pretty sure Nova will fix it and that PLUS his plane fare should equal their "estimate".

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Dentist in San Jose?

Yup, they wanted us to be global citizens, and thus, we can also shop globally - even if it is for medical care.

riverview,fl
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Dentist in San Jose?

I would be interested in your dentist I am in need of an implant

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,751 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Dentist in San Jose?

Dr Luis Obando Nova Dental Esczazu CR.

Waldorf, Maryland
Level Contributor
23 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Dentist in San Jose?

I agree 100%! I had quite a lot of work done and it was an amazing experience. I highly recommend Dr. Obando and Nova Dental!!!!!!!!!!!!!!