We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

New York
3 posts
Save Topic
Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

Anyone had Porcelain Veneers or any other type of Cosmetic Dental work in Costa Rica?

I've been doing research for Porcelain Veneers and narrowed it down to these 3 dentists listed below, they all have websites. Anyone has used them or has pictures they can email me? (st5777@yahoo.com) Thanks.

Prisma Dental Care

Kaver Smiles

Meza Dental Care

163 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
1 post
Save Reply
51. Re: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

Try www.thedentalplancr.com in Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste, Costa Rica, 20minutes from the Liberia International Airport (LIR).

Dr. Silvia Morales is the dentist, speaks both english and spanish, studied in the US. She is really great!

There is a boutique hotel on site for your stay.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,039 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

If anyone prefers not to undertake this process on their own, costaricamedicalcare.com does a great job. They work with a number of the most respected Dentists and Doctors. They can handle everything from Your Dental appts,airline flights, transportation, lodging, meals..well you name it really. Kind of a Concierge service. I did not know about them when i chose Dr Obando but did find out when looking for a medical procedure. Certainly helps one with all the "bothersome details" and research. I was very relieved when I discovered that they often use NOVA and Dr Obando as I think they (The Morales at costaricamedicalcare) are very well informed and Professional.

Edited: 5:13 am, June 04, 2013
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

Pretty Good Article on Dentistry in Costa Rica... costaricantimes.com/dental-tourism-why-costa…

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
54. Re: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

did you have any response ? if yes pass them to me please

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

A friend of mine Greg Childress had all of his dental work including veneers at Kaver, shoot him a line if you want. greg (@) gregchildress.com

56. Re: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, July 08, 2013

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
57. Re: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

me too i had doctor kaver on my searches website look great and professionnal , the before and after picture look real and the thing that make me want to go to him is that he has the lastest thecnologie call cerec /cam. it is a great tool when it come to cosmetic restoration such as veneer and crown . like i said i'm intrested in veneers and crowns and i'm planning to go in costa rica by the end of september rigth now im just working hard saving me some money for my trip so feel free to send me some info ( pictures , prices and more) there is my e-mail : skyrocket_mama@yahoo.com thanks.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
60 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

From personal experience, I would definitely not use Dr Cavallini again. I am now having the same work re-done by Dr. Anglada in San Jose. Dr. Cavallini may well be among the cheapest but he does shoddy work. I have had 2 implants poorly done. The implants are of reduced size, one is crooked, the temporary crown fell off after 2 weeks, the permanent crown constantly gets food stuck under it and after more than a year, I still feel discomfort from the forward implant as it moves slightly under pressure. I am now getting Dr. Anglada to remove these implants & start over with appropriate sized implants and appropriate crowns, rather that the cheap sh** Dr Marco uses. So.... buyer beware. Dr. Cavallini may be cheap, but Dr Anglada does far better work!

Edited: 5:14 pm, July 15, 2013
Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,559 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

Thanks for your report.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,039 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

personal experience is priceless. I loved that I could pm Trip Advisor Posters before I chose my Dentist and Lodging!

Reply to: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted