We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel last night

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
hotel last night

We will be staying our first 2 nights in San Jose at Fincarosa. Is there a reasonably priced hotel near the airport that isn't as expensive? Thanks

yucaipa, Ca.
Level Contributor
123 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel last night

Try the Hampton Inn. It's about two minutes from the airport. Don't forget the twenty-six dollar per person departure fee at the airport. Also the hotel herradura about five minutes from the airport is nice. I would think you could get a room for a hundred dollars or less.

San Jose
Level Contributor
212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel last night

The Hampton Inn would be my choice next to airport and Dennys rest.

Tampa, FL
Destination Expert
for San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2,209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel last night

Almost any place you stay at would be less expensive than the Finca Rosa.

The Hampton Inn is very close to the airport. It will cost about $100. It is a US style chain hotel and won't have anywhere near the charm that you would find at the Finca Rosa.

If you want to stay close to the airport rather than in SJ, you might want to do your research in the Alajuela section rather than here as that is where the airport is actually located. Another option to consider would be the Orquideas Inn which is a nice B&B that has rooms for $59/nt (I recommend the rooms in the back away from the road) and which will provide a shuttle to take you to the airport about 5 minutes away.

New England
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel last night

Consider the Hotel la Rosa de America in La Garita (near Alajuela and Zoo Ave). It is clean, quiet, has a nice pool, several restaurants within walking distance and is owned by an American who is very knowledgable concerning the area (directions, etc). The prices run about $60.00 per night (green season) and include a Continental breakfast. They are about 15 min from the airport and have a web site.

Cumming Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel last night

I love the Finca Rosa. If you are looking for something a little less expensive but very nice, I would recommend Vina Romantica. It is a B&B near the airport, with great rates and dining. The web site is www.vinaromantica.com

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,410 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel last night

Hampton Inn? Dennys? Why even bother going to Costa Rica when you can get that at home in Atlanta?????

I recomend Orquideas Inn in Alajuela. It's 15 minutes fro the airport and they can arrange for someone to pick you up or drop you off. Read their review here on Trip Advisor.

northern, new jersey
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel last night

is orquideas inn clean. i want a cheap place to spend the first and last night there. i tried to see if they have openings but it looks like i need to give my credit card

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,410 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel last night

Orquedias is very clean! They have gotten nothing but great reviews here on trip advisor

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel last night

Orquideas Inn is a wonderful place to stay. Yes, it is very clean. If making reservations, you do need to give your CC # but they do not charge it until check out. Their prices are very reasonable & includes their great breakfast.

Oklahoma City, OK
Level Contributor
403 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel last night

So...my husband and I fly into SJO from Tambor on Friday morning and don't leave until the next day. We were looking to enjoy the city for a day, but I understand the airport is in Alajeula, not San Jose. I've also begun to hear not so wonderful things about the city. Should we just plan on spending the day at a B & B in Alajeula and not going on in to San Jose. Is it too far to visit the volcanoes for the daY?

Looking forward to any and all information.