We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacuare River Rafting Company

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Pacuare River Rafting Company

Can anybody recommend a rafting company for the Pacuare river?

We are staying in Escazu in early November and planning to do a one-day rafting trip on the Pacuare River. It seems like there are a few that are recommended and offer the same things for the same price. I'm just not sure which is the best.

Thank you!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pacuare River Rafting Company

Aventuras Naturales...Costa de Sol Rafting...Rios Tropicales...those 3 have been in the market for many years...only be sure about insurance...most of the guides in Costa Rica they move around the same companies...

Yes Pacuare is a great river and November is plenty water...have a lot of wet fun!!

Luis Road Advisor.

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pacuare River Rafting Company

We always use Exploradores Outdoors. They have never let us or our guests down yet. It is our most popular rated tour.

Level Contributor
173 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pacuare River Rafting Company

I agree with colinsito, I went with Exploradores Outdoors last year the trip includes breakfast, lunch and transportion to and from San Jose

Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pacuare River Rafting Company

How far is the drive to and from San Jose? We're doing the trip that picks us up in San Jose then returns us to Arenal in the evening

Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pacuare River Rafting Company

Meant to add, I just want to know how much further the trip is going to be to Arenal vs. returning to San Jose.

NYC
Level Contributor
47 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pacuare River Rafting Company

Just did the 1 day trip with Exploradores Outdoors. It was a lot of fun. They picked us up at our hotel in San Jose and dropped us off at our next hotel in LaFortuna/Arenal. The rafting was a lot of fun. The guides were nice and really knew the river. The one day trip includes breakfast and lunch. If you can, I advise taking advantage of the "free" transfer. Why pay extra for transportation when you can work it into your itinerary?

chicago area
Level Contributor
175 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pacuare River Rafting Company

Does anyone know if it would be better to stay near the San Jose airport the night before the Pacure rafting trip with Explaradores Outdoors or in the city of San Jose? We arrive the night before at 10pm. and then will have them drop us off at our hotel in Arenal at the end of the day.

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pacuare River Rafting Company

They have limited pick up in Alajuela. You need to taxi to Hampton Inn where they will pick you up at 6am. Alajuela is first pick up in the morning.

Personally, I like to stay in San Jose versus an airport suburb.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
82 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pacuare River Rafting Company

I just went on the White water rafting in the Pacuare river and used Exploradores outdoors. They rock..the service is great all the guides speak both english and spanish and the river is amazing if you can ask for your guide Cholo he was very good!

Cheers

JL

10. Re: Pacuare River Rafting Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, September 17, 2009