We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suggestion? I night in San Jose with kids

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Hotel suggestion? I night in San Jose with kids

I need suggestions for a nice hotel for just one night in San Jose area, at the beginning of August for my family of 4: 2 adults and 2 kids, ages 10 and 13. We're arriving from the Arenal area in the late afternoon, dropping off our rental car near the airport, and leaving the next morning for Toruguero on a tour with Costa Rica Expeditions. I'm hoping to find a hotel convenient to the airport but also somewhat accessible to the city (although I've read that there's not much to do there, especially with kids) in case we decide to go in to a restaurant. Also: hotel should be in a safe, quiet area, and have a nice pool for the kids. AC is a plus. We're hoping to spend around $150 total for the whole family. Any suggestions?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
945 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel suggestion? I night in San Jose with kids

Stay at the Marriott San Jose (San Antonio de Belen). It is 5 min from the airport, and is beautiful. You'll be happy you did. The prices vary depending on how you book, but you can often get a room at the price you desire. If you can't find the price on the internet, try calling the hotel directly (in San Jose).

Or, see Xandari. They will pick you up at the airport, which is 15 min away.

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,714 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel suggestion? I night in San Jose with kids

Just stayed at the Marrriot last week, have been there several times.

Excellent hotel, 2 pools, hut tub, was there with family, 2 kids 14& 9.

They enjoyed the pools, there is also a driving range if the kids are into golf.

Shuttle leaves every half hour for airport.

Rooms are large, very clean, it is a top notch Marriott, no complaints in three different stays.

Ditch the kids at night and have a drink on their veranda, very nice, just order beer or mixed drink, wine is overpriced.

3. Re: Hotel suggestion? I night in San Jose with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, September 02, 2009