We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport from San Jose to Doka coffee tour

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Public transport from San Jose to Doka coffee tour

For environmental reasons, my partner and I use public transport when travelling. We are taking early morning bus from Cobano to San Jose and would like to do Doka Coffee tour. We would then need to get into San Jose that night. Alternative is sharing transport with a tour group from San Jose following day but don't want to be rushed or visit other sites as Poas closed and best early morning in any case. Any Ideas?

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport from San Jose to Doka coffee tour

I've checked into this in the past and it's not particularly practical. There are certainly frequent public buses to Alajuela. From there there are much less frequent public buses that pass some distance from Doka. You could switch to one of these buses in Alajuela, get off it when it passes it's closest point to Doka and then walk the rest of the way. Unfortunately, without researching it again, I don't recall exactly which bus it was (Alajuelita maybe?) or exactly how close it gets (maybe a mile). However, assuming whichever bus it is has a departure that syncs up well with the start of one of their tours, you get off at the right spot (in the middle of nowhere), walk in the right direction and don't mind the extra time it takes to get there and back (though there are crtainly worse things to do than short hikes in the countryside). Personally, I concluded the most efficient cost effective way to do this if you want to go the public route would be to just bus to Alajuela and then take a relatively short taxi ride from there (my guess maybe $5-7 each way?)

2. Re: Public transport from San Jose to Doka coffee tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, April 26, 2017
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport from San Jose to Doka coffee tour

Thank you. It does seem only option

Edited: 9:50 am, April 26, 2017
4. Re: Public transport from San Jose to Doka coffee tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 28, 2018