We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dental Implants, Root Canals and Plastic Surgery ... Oh My!

Which Escazu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orland Park...
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Dental Implants, Root Canals and Plastic Surgery ... Oh My!

It sounds like so much fun. Anyhow - if you live in the states, Canada or Europe and medical care costs an arm and a leg - you might consider going to Costa Rica for some top notch medical care.

I recently went and had a root canal and three implants. I will be going back in the summer to get a bunch of crowns and my teeth whitened. Am I nuts = no! The cost is about 35% of the cost in the U.S. Even adding in two vacations I will save about $4,000 (or so).

I stayed at a medical hotel called Las Cumbres. They provide transportation to and from the airport and to and from your doctors office. The place really looks like the photos on their website and the employees are all very warm and concerned.

As to medical care - numerous people at the hotel had plastic surgery performed and some of us had significant dental work done. A 24 hour a day nurse is there if you need it.

My dental work was done by Drs. Sui Chan, Dr. Mora and Dr. Vargas. All are very caring, professional, and I think that they gave very honest advice and did me a great service.

Do you research - but I am glad I went to have my medical vacation in Costa Rica!

1. Re: Dental Implants, Root Canals and Plastic Surgery ... Oh My!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, October 16, 2009