We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's the coastal road south of Quepos?

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
How's the coastal road south of Quepos?

I'll be in CR in about 3 weeks, and will be heading down to the Uvita area. I'd like to drive from Quepos through Dominical, along the coast road, but am concerned about doing it during the "Green" season, especially in view of the fact that the bridge in Portalon was lost last September. We'll be taking the road through San Isidro when we return to San Jose after visiting Uvita, so I'd like to take the coast down there if possible. I understand that it might be a day-to-day situation during September, but I'd appreciate any updates on the road condition or other general information/suggestions. Thanks!!

quepos, costa rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How's the coastal road south of Quepos?

The bridge at portelone is fixed and heard that the rest of the road is in fair shape. Plan the trip and have a good time. fishingjohn

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How's the coastal road south of Quepos?

The bridge is finally fixed? Woohoo! Hopefully it will still be there for me after the rainy season is done... :)

3. Re: How's the coastal road south of Quepos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:31 pm, August 23, 2006
Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How's the coastal road south of Quepos?

Thanks for the tip re: the Sierpe and fishing, chickenfish. We'll be staying at Rancho Pacifico in Uvita for close to a week, and hope to get out somewhere with RP Outfitters. You've definitely piqued my interest in the Hotel del Rey--I looked at a couple of reviews, and it looks like a great place!!

Jaco, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: How's the coastal road south of Quepos?

You will be just fine on your way down south. If this was posted like 2 1/2 weeks ago I would say no....

I was on my way North of Quepos on Tuesday and unfortunatly a plank fell off the 1st narly bridge before hitting Jaco, and got stuck in traffic for like 3 hours but they have repaired that one too.

You talking about hitting up the Del Ray huh? I've been there once and it was an experience. Not a place to bring your family. If you need any more travel info ask me!

6. Re: How's the coastal road south of Quepos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, August 18, 2009