We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from SJO to Quepos

Which Quepos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Traveling from SJO to Quepos

I am traveling into Quepos and I am not sure if I want to explore and rent a car, mix with the locals and take the bus (is that a bit much with luggage) or spring the big bucks for hotel van service? I have traveled cross country and thru US mountainous territory so I am sure this wouldn't be a problem. I want to be safe and smart also, I am traveling with my 16 yr old son. I would just like to hear some feedback from anyone who has done it. Thanks!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
13,978 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from SJO to Quepos

Using a local bus to and around Quepos is easy and cheap, and with a 16 year old son, also safe. Renting a car will give you more flexibility to explore more distant locations, like surf spots around Dominical and Uvita, or wildlife spots like Hacienda Baru and Sierpe river. As long as you will be street smart, have your money out of sight and your passports in safe, there should be no problems mingling with the locals. Mostly they are very friendly.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from SJO to Quepos

Thank you. I decided to take the van shuttle b/c my flight gets in later than I thought and I don't want to drive in the dark. I plan on renting a car though so I can get around, I will try get to some of the places you mentioned!

3. Re: Traveling from SJO to Quepos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 11, 2014