We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quepos area/hotel coste verde-a good place?

yardley, pa
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Quepos area/hotel coste verde-a good place?

We are making our first trip to CR this Christmas season (from Philly). We have 3 teenage boys and can book 3 nights at the Hotel. There appears to be many hotel choices, but avalability is slim and prices higher for obvious reasons. Before we spend the $250/night, we wonder if this is a good location to spend a few days to see the MAntonio park, and perhaps do a snorkel and canopy tour. The rest of the week, we expect to go back inland towards Alajuela to stay in the Marriott CR Hotel.

Any comments from anyone who's stayed here or in the general area is appreciated.

mobile al
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quepos area/hotel coste verde-a good place?

The costa verde is a very good choice . I have stayed there on several occasions and always had a very good time. It is laid back and has nice rooms with incredible views of the pacific ocean right above manuel antonio park . I always got a suite in the adult section with the ocean view . although there is no air conditioning it has several ceiling fans and screened on two sides . It was always very comfortable and clean . The staff was always helpful if I needed anything . It is just a short walk downhill to the beach at manuel antonio . You may want to ride the bus back though unless your legs are pretty strong . the bus runs every half hour between the park and town. It will stop anywhere you want it to along the way . I'm returning to costa rica the first week in November for a week and a half . I'm going to Tamarindo . I hope this reply was helpful . Let me know if there is any other info that I can provide . Eating , bars etc. Enjoy !

Jack

New york, ny
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Quepos area/hotel coste verde-a good place?

ljack65, not to barge into another person's post but where are you staying in Tamarindo? Have you been? I am trying to find a decent hotel there. Thanks.

yardley, pa
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quepos area/hotel coste verde-a good place?

thanks again ljack......as long as you are offering, a recommendation on dining would be great. Our 3 teens love all kinds of food, and a place that give a flavor of the country, both in food and atmosphere would be best!

mobile al
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quepos area/hotel coste verde-a good place?

Hi Mitch, When I was in Quepos in late May , there was a new place in town called Basarna Rest. . It was delightful . Great ceviche, Whole grilled fish etc . at good prices . Its nice to hang out at the mar y sambra rest. at manuel antonio in the afternoon for drinks snacks and a beautiful sunset . Of course the view from the cost verde is hard to beat too .

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quepos area/hotel coste verde-a good place?

On the road between Quepos and M.A., Mar Luna is excellent! Go early enough for sunset (5:30 pm-ish) as the view is outstanding. BS Grille at Villas El Parque has a great view and offers "American-style food" along with CRican staples. ljack's recommendation for Quepos is excellent. Currently the Basarno Bar/Restaurant is closed; however, they anticipate opening Nov or December 1st. Next to Barsarno in Quepos is Caio Restaurant (Italian) and for great sushi, one block up is Tropical Sushi.

Lisa

yardley, pa
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Quepos area/hotel coste verde-a good place?

lisa and jack......thanks so much for your comments..........we can't wait!

Los Angeles, CA
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Quepos area/hotel coste verde-a good place?

Mitch...Hey there...My name is Hugh. Over the last couple years I've traveled to Costa Rica,Manuel Antonio area in particular, over 20 times. I've stayed in Costa Verde Hotel atleast 10 times. It is a great place to stay. Nice rooms, good restaurants, and nice folks working there. $250.00 is too expensive for Costa Verde. See www.costaverde.net for rates. I've always booked direct with hotel.Also recomend:Mar Luna restaurant for dinnerBreakfast on the beach at Mar y Sombra restaurantBest beaches are inside Manuel Antonio ParkAmigos Del Rio whitewater raftingFinca Valmy horseback ridingOn Friday and Saturday nights, the Mar y Sombra restaurant turns into a disco on the beach.Quepos:Arco Iris disco for late night salsa, merenque, punta and hip hop music.If you like sushi, there's one place in Quepos thats pretty good. (i forget the name)If you need anymore info, please feel free to email me. I'll also be there 12/10 - 12/20.hugh_monge@spe.sony.com

yardley, pa
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Quepos area/hotel coste verde-a good place?

Hugh...great info.......thanks for the tips!

NYC
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Quepos area/hotel coste verde-a good place?

I just got back and stayed at La Mariposa which is at the top of the hill between Quepos and the park and it was incredible. The views were to die for. Also, there's a great little restaurant which is also at the top of the hill called Karolas, great food and nice ambiance set in the trees. Have fun!!!

prov. RI. dominical...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Quepos area/hotel coste verde-a good place?

check hotel divisimar the owner Erik is great, big rooms , nice big pool, breakfast, bus stop right out front bus every 20 minutes 100 colones. Monkeys and the price is usually right i think it was 65$ for a double with big beds and you could put a cot in also if your looking to save money. TV and a/c you have to walk across the street for a view thou. youre going to be out doing stuff all day with kids it gets dark at 5.30 so the view thing i dont pay for. Great restaurants with views right across the street with views