We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids Saving The Rainforest Tour

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Kids Saving The Rainforest Tour

I am trying to find something for Grandma and my 6 yr. old son to do while the rest of our group is rafting The Savegre. Many of the kid-friendly things we are already doing with the whole group. I was thinking of going to Kids Saving The Rainforest (KSTF). They are now offering a tour there. Has anyone been on this tour? Did you like it?

quepolandia.com/kids-saving-the-rainforest/t…

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
876 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids Saving The Rainforest Tour

I just read about this on Quepolandia, which is a local magazine of sorts for travelers and locals. I believe this is very new and why you are not getting a response. What I can tell you is the history of this organization. Jennifer Rice and her daughter founded the organization. Her young daughter and a young child wanted to do something to save the rainforest. Her and her friend wanted worked together to start the Kids Saving the Rainforest Organizationbyt using kids art for sale to raise money. This organization was what started the monkey bridges in the area. There was o way for the endagered mono tit monkeys to cross the road without getting hit or electricuted on electrical lines. These blue roaps are a common site in the area now. The organization has expanded to do various things. I truly can ot comment on what type of tour this is or whether it is worth the money. All I can state is the background of the organization.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids Saving The Rainforest Tour

Thanks for all the information. The tour is not very expensive, only $20. It goes directly to the foundation, so even if it isn't all that great I can just chalk it up as my contribution to KSTF. I think we're going to go ahead and book the tour. It will be good to show my 6 yr. old how kids can make a difference in the world. I will make sure to come back and let everyone know how the tour was.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
876 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids Saving The Rainforest Tour

I t hink it will send a good message to your child about how the efforts of two girls started all of that. Plus, for $20 what else will you occupy them with that is trustworthy for a child and a grandmother.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,200 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids Saving The Rainforest Tour

Good idea...and please let us know!

roadadvisor

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kids Saving The Rainforest Tour

Trevor, the author of the article written in Quepolandia, emailed me with more information about the tour. It sounds great, so I thought I would share it with ya'll.

"This is exactly why we decided to make this tour! The tour includes a presentation at Mono Azul where you get to see behind the scenes photos and videos of our Rescue and Rehabilitation Center. Then we will make jewelry, post cards or bookmarks that we sell in our KSTR store (100% of proceeds go to saving the rainforest and you also get 20% off while on the tour). After that we will go out to our Monkey Sanctuary where we will walk through our organic garden (fresh fruit to be had by you) and our medicinal garden. The whole tour lasts about 2 1/2 - 3 hours. We can start anytime between 9am-2pm. There is a little bit of walking involved, but really not much. If you have any other questions feel free to email me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Hope to hear from you soon. "

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
876 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kids Saving The Rainforest Tour

I remember her as a little girl. Now she is all grown up. I would have never imagined back then that the little stand that her and her friend started in the restaurant would grow into so many big things. Again, it is a message to your child that kids can do meaningful things with their actions.

7. Re: Kids Saving The Rainforest Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, November 25, 2010