We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pueblo Real or Hacienda Baru?

Which Quepos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Pueblo Real or Hacienda Baru?

Planning a week in Quepos with my 16yr old son in Sept/Oct (know it is green season).

Looking to stay in either of these properties. A friend has a time share at Pueblo Real so cost is not an issue. Is there enough to do to keep an active mom and son busy for a week? Which place would you suggest?

Best to Bus/Taxi from airport or is it inexpensive to fly to Quepos from San Jose? Would we need to rent a car? Interested in beach, hikes, canopy tours, relaxing.

Any tips/advice appreciated.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pueblo Real or Hacienda Baru?

Both good...

Pueblo Real if cost is less.

Rent a car pretty far like 10 minutes out of town

www.mapache.com Tricolor 2 good locals.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pueblo Real or Hacienda Baru?

Pueblo Real is pretty far away from MA, about 20 minutes, you will need to have a rent a car with you if you want to be going around diferent places during the day, around the hotel there aren´t restaurants or a lot to be see. With a car you can definatly find a lot of things to do for a week. NATUREGUIDE

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pueblo Real or Hacienda Baru?

Fly to Quepos . and no real need to rent a car. Plenty of busses. Mangrove tour was one of my 2 best things there. Used Aguila tours for Damas Island and the MA guided tour,of the park .Ask for Jaun, he is highly rated and saw things in the park for us, that was truly unreal. Peace, and have fun Jon

Ottawa
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pueblo Real or Hacienda Baru?

Thanks for all of your suggestions. Am off to Ireland in May, so once I am back, and the flights are announced with air transat (won free flights) will go into full planning mode. Lots to think about for sure.

Florida
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pueblo Real or Hacienda Baru?

My husband was just in this area a month ago working on our interactive video blog. He went to Hacienda Baru and saw a lot of wildlife. There are plenty of things to do including beaches, canopy tours, hikes, and boat rides there. We have videos of Hacienda Baru and Quepos if you are interested in seeing them. Just google our name.

Hope you have a great trip!

Brianna

Costa Rica Genie

Ottawa
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pueblo Real or Hacienda Baru?

Thanks for the info Brianna. May take you up on that. Am leaning towards Hacienda Baru. Now trying to decide if we should split our time there and in Quepos near MA at a place called Blue Banyan Inn, or perhaps in Arenal.

Florida
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pueblo Real or Hacienda Baru?

If you are staying in this area anyway, I would recommend staying at the Blue Banyan Inn. That place has gotten a lot of good reviews and I hear that it is very peaceful and relaxing. Arenal is really cool, but it is touristy, and it would include more driving.

Have a great trip!

Brianna

Costa Rica Genie

new york city
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pueblo Real or Hacienda Baru?

My husband and I just returned from a 6 day stay at Hacienda Baru. We are nature-lovers and were busy everyday doing the Zip-Line tour, both Birding tours, the Night in the Jungle (I highly recommend) and did our own exploring of the Teak and Canal trail and the incredible beach. I haven't been to the other place you are considering so I can't offer a comparison. But if your family enjoys nature and will be content surrounded by it, they will enjoy Hacienda Baru.

9. Re: Pueblo Real or Hacienda Baru?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, October 22, 2009