We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry crossing as a pedestrian

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry crossing as a pedestrian

We are riding the ferry as pedestrians, with our luggage.

Is there a place to safely store our luggage on the ferry or do we have to stay with it the entire time?

We are taking a shuttle that drops us off at the ferry and picking up another from the same company on the other side.

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry crossing as a pedestrian

I don't recall seeing any lockers or such and all the pedestrians keep their bags, back packs and suitcases with them ... There is a pretty good sized dining area with booths, tv's and wi fi so it's not an issue especially if there are 2 or more of you...

It is my favorite way to travel here!

Pura vida and enjoy!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry crossing as a pedestrian

Thanks, Randy.

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry crossing as a pedestrian

as they say here ' con much gusto ' you're welcome & you'll love it here i'll bet!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,929 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry crossing as a pedestrian

Sorry no lockers…but I see a lot of people that takes a table at the restaurant and somebody …some of your group stay with your luggage all the time…

Please common sense…some fast guys around…

Great idea hiring a company that way…that is a great way to save some bucks..

Welcome to our country…and enjoy it as much as we natives do!

roadadvisor

Edited: 10:02 pm, August 16, 2014
Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry crossing as a pedestrian

the ferry is great ... there are no fast guys I have ever seen... and I ride the ferry every chance I get . Just keep your stuff with you and you'll be fine!

Pura Vida and enjoy the slow ride across the water... free wi fi on board too!

Edited: 10:06 pm, August 16, 2014
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,929 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry crossing as a pedestrian

I ride the ferry quite often…with visitors…friends…clients and I have had seen some of our own costarican people with some kind of problems with fast guys…no long ago was a famous gang that used to run the ferry just waiting for a chance…hard some times to notice a fast guy…!!

Most of the time once you find out is too late…for some reason they are fast…no many people see them…sorry is just a way to tell you guys to be extra careful..I do not want to start the third war ...

Please do not worry…more dangerous some beaches with some people trying to sell you properties or a boat ride!!

Edited: 10:17 pm, August 16, 2014
Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry crossing as a pedestrian

is that dangerous area near you roadadvisor ... we've been quite safe here.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,929 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry crossing as a pedestrian

I live in San Jose we have a place by Conchal…no is not dangerous at all around either one…even at my farm around Drakes Bay is nice and safe…any questions…

In my case I try to tell people to be careful and common sense…now days no many places in the world are 100% safe,…but good to know by a local how the situation can be…

Just be careful with fast guys…at the ferry or somewhere else!!

roadadvisor

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferry crossing as a pedestrian

I've been here 5 years and haven't had any fast guys approach me on the ferry or anywhere else....

The people in Costa Rica are usually genuine, friendly outgoing, welcoming and helpful....

Always keep your stuff secure and you won't have any problems here.

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,929 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferry crossing as a pedestrian

Nice to know that even that we are nice people …they are some no so nice…and they love places with a lot of happy people that lower the guard…once again…common sense…and enjoy our great country!!

I have been here 63 years…thanks God besides some material losses by fast guys nothing serious…not a big deal at all…

roadadvisor