We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Playa Tambor closed by the health department

Which Punta Arenas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
192 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo Playa Tambor closed by the health department

My neighbor just got back from Montezuma and told me that the Barcelo Playa Tambor was closed by the health department. I hadn't seen this posted to the CR forum so I wanted to let people know in case they're headed there soon:

insidecostarica.com/dailynews/2010/december/…

Ckarkston
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Playa Tambor closed by the health department

Holy Cow!! We are supposed to check in next week. What the heck do I do now? This really sucks...

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
466 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Playa Tambor closed by the health department

It's open now.

Ckarkston
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Playa Tambor closed by the health department

Thanks for the "current" information

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Playa Tambor closed by the health department

Here's a related story in today's paper. Have a great trip!

insidecostarica.com/dailynews/2011/january/0…

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Playa Tambor closed by the health department

I'm glad it's open again! I had e-mailed the hotel to ask them and they didn't get back to me...good info to know even if it is now open!!! If you get sick while you're there make sure you notify the managment immediately.

Montreal
Level Contributor
75 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Playa Tambor closed by the health department

Hi, we are going to barcelo playa tambor in febuary, could you give me a feed back on how you liked the hotel and the surroundings.

Thanks.

Ckarkston
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo Playa Tambor closed by the health department

Will do when we get back

Austin, Texas
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelo Playa Tambor closed by the health department

Family was there when hotel knew of virus and did not inform guests. ...Tell mgt if you get sick....Could not! When 1st got sick called front desk, they do not answer the phone. Like let it ring over 10 minutes!On Christmas day---when they say 40 guests got sick there was no Dr. in the Dr. office!Daughter & hubby went 7 times during Dr's hrs, and NO DR!

Beautiful resort, just no communication. The day it closed --via note under door ---be at front desk before 9 am--given choice, double tree @ beach---oh yeah forgot to tell us beach closed black flag, bad undertow, or Barcelo in San Jose. That's it those are your choices. Had to pay for entire stay,2 wks yet only stayed 1 wk there! Mgt not there during eviction.

Barcelo not informing us ruined our vacation. 3 out of 4 sick as dogs 3 days.

Edited: 4:03 pm, January 16, 2011
9. Re: Barcelo Playa Tambor closed by the health department

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, January 18, 2012