We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip ideas from Puntarenas (the city)

Which Punta Arenas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sgo
Rhode Island
7 posts
Save Topic
Day trip ideas from Puntarenas (the city)

Hello! My sister lives and teaches in Puntarenas...she is loving it down there! My mum is travelling next week out to see her, arriving on Saturday. She wants to plan a day-trip on Sunday for the two of them...any recommendations?? They will have a rental car.

Have already done the Calypso Tour to Tortuga Island and I think it may be pushing it to go to Montezuma/Mal Pais for the day...even if they do catch the early ferry.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Ontario, Canada
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Day trip ideas from Puntarenas (the city)

Thankyou momo. I was wondering - lol I have been also looking for a gentleman named Dimas Saravia A. which was mentioned on one of the reviews. Apparently he also does personal tours. The review tried to send information to contact him but it did not come through. I guess at that site they have restrictions. Would your daughter mind terribly if I asked if she could contact him and get and email or phone number. This way I can do some comparable shopping. lol He was contacted through the Fiesta Resort. I know that is a lot to ask if she is unable I will totally understand. And also thanks for the info on the beach, I do feel better.

Los Angeles
4 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Day trip ideas from Puntarenas (the city)

Hey sgo, I'm heading to Puntarenas next month and am getting mixed ratings for the area. Not that it matters, but would like good, direct info. How long of a drive is it to Jaco? Other than the Fiesta Resort, are there other restaurants or bars in town?

thanks.

Toronto, Ontario...
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Day trip ideas from Puntarenas (the city)

Hi I was interested in the fact that your sister lives and teaches in Puntarenas. Does she teach English or other subjects. I am a high school science teacher with the fall semester off and I am looking for an opportunity to teach in an interesting location. Thanks Pat