We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which deluxe cabina w/ loft has the best view of the ocean?

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which deluxe cabina w/ loft has the best view of the ocean?

We will be staying at BDC in December as we celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary> I have reserved a deluxe cabina with a loft, as we are traveling with our two teenage children> Which Cabina has the best view of the ocean? Any other suggestions for this lodge? Thanks, David

Surcos Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Eco Tours
Rancho Tropical
Horseback Riding Tours, Walking Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Corcovado Hiking Tours
Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Ficus Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which deluxe cabina w/ loft has the best view of the ocean?

I have stayed in a deluxe and a standard, but not one of the ones with a loft. I can assure you though, they ALL have terrific views of the Pacific. They are all situated along the bluff overlooking it. The main difference is the type of deck and type of chairs, but they all have hammocks. I believe it is Tucan that has a loft, great view AND outdoor bathtub. :-)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which deluxe cabina w/ loft has the best view of the ocean?

Oh, sorry, I meant all the standard and deluxes are along the bluff. There are also the ones in the Tropical Garden which are a few minutes walk from the bluff and therefore don't offer the views.

Congrats on your 25th!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which deluxe cabina w/ loft has the best view of the ocean?

Yes, Tucan has a great view - the deck plus a circular stone deck that looks out to the ocean and as travelicious mentioned a nice outdoor tub! It also seemed to be a favourite of the coati's as they came up the hill on the left side and down the hill on the right. The kids will enjoy having their own space up in the loft, there are 2 beds up there, I think they were doubles. Make sure they have their own flashlights, the stone stairs are not many but steep and if they have to get up in the middle of the night a flashlight would be crucial. Have fun!

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which deluxe cabina w/ loft has the best view of the ocean?

Thank you! I'm sure they get alot of requests, but I'm going to give it a shot!

5. Re: Which deluxe cabina w/ loft has the best view of the ocean?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, November 24, 2009