We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Rica - Road Conditions

Which Puerto Jimenez hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Costa Rica - Road Conditions

I want to stay at Bosque del Cabo in the OSA peninsula. This would be in May right at the beginning of the oficial rainy season. Can anyone describe the road there in more detail, what does crossing streams here really mean. I only ask because I have a bad back and want to feel that I can make the trip. Thanks.

Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
349 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Rica - Road Conditions

I have a T-shirt that says it all.... I survived the roads in Costa Rica! We've been to CR twice and obviously road maintenance is NOT a priority. Potholes abound and every "20 minute" drive is a single-lane, twisty, up and down road that actually takes 2 hours to navigate. True story. On the drive to Jaco Beach from San Jose, we encountered a deep pothole that someone had kindly "patched" by filling it with an upside-down 5-gal. bucket. On our second visit a year later, the same pothole and bucket were still there.

iowa
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Rica - Road Conditions

We just got back from CR and had a drive from SJO to La Fortuna. Yes, it's a main road, but it was a very smooth two lane road, no holes that we saw. Just to let you know there are some roads that are pretty good.

3. Re: Costa Rica - Road Conditions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, September 17, 2009