We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoes for one day tour

California
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Shoes for one day tour

I am considering a one day tour to Corcovado while staying in Uvita at the end of January. Understandably if I were going to overnight or do one of the more extensive hikes, a good hiking boot would be best. For the one day tours, would a Teva type hiking sandal be OK?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,780 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shoes for one day tour

No you don't want open toed shoes while hiking in the rainforest. Best bet might be any closed toe shoe that you don't care if it gets soaking wet and/or covered in mud. Some outfitters have rubber boots available but don't know about trips from Uvita. You can pick up a pair of rubber boots pretty inexpensively in Costa Rica. I last hiked the trails in a ratty pair of tennis shoes so quality is not all that important on a dayhike.

2. Re: Shoes for one day tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 18, 2014