We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corcovado Jan/Feb or March/April

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
113 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Corcovado Jan/Feb or March/April

I have always envisaged visiting Corcovado early in the year in the dry season. However, due to work commitments it is looking likely March/April 2013 is my best option otherwise I must wait until 2014.

I realise I will get wet as I'm visiting a rainforest with potential river crossings. However, I wan't to minimise this as much as possible.

Would you recommend late March as a good time to visit or is it getting too close to the wet season?

Thanks in advance

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,763 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corcovado Jan/Feb or March/April

We've been in Corcovado in August and had 4 sunny dry days. Moral of the story is the weather is unpredictable. However there is no monsum time so your chances to get fair weather are good.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,814 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corcovado Jan/Feb or March/April

March can be a nice dry month not to wet...with rivers and rain you never know!

roadadvisor

Puerto Jimenez...
Level Contributor
354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Corcovado Jan/Feb or March/April

March is the tail end of the dry summer season. While its impossible to predict the weather, I'd suggest hiking in Corcovado in March without question.

Pura Vida,

Ballardo Diaz

4. Re: Corcovado Jan/Feb or March/April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, June 18, 2013