We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GPS waypoints

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
31 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
GPS waypoints

Just wanted to know if anyone has any new or current GPS waypoints worth saving. I am headed for a few days into Corcovado and wanted to know if anyone had some good waypoints for drinking water or must see locations while in the park..Thanks again..Pura Vida

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: GPS waypoints

Hi Steve,

FOr drinking water fill up at the ranger stations. There are a 2 rivers (Madrigal and Claro) you can freshen up in on the La Leona-Sirena coastal trail as well as a few small streams you could take water from if you get desperate (although it would probably be advisable to treat this water first). Make sure you carry more water than you think you'll need.

As far as must-see locations - if you get a chance to chat to fellow travellers and guides when you're at Sirena you will be able to pick up some advice.

In my experience Senderos Sirena, Guanacaste and Naranjos tend to be the most productive for animal viewings, especially in the early morning. There's a map of the trails on the wall at Sirena.

Its also nice at around 5pm-sunset to head to the mouth of the Rio Sirena where a tapir is often to be seen rousing from its sleep.

Other that that go explore and have an amazing time in Corcovado

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GPS waypoints

I have had seen some great big Tapirs around Sirena...I just love them...so amizing big animals...

roadadvisor

Berlin
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GPS waypoints

Just for who ever might be interested in the future:

I hiked in Corcovado from La Palma to La Sirena via Los Patos (10 hours) and from there to La Leona (7 hours) last December. Here's my recorded GPS track of both routes (KML file), together with some POIs:

Corcovado GPS Track:

filedropper.com/corcovado-trackandpoisaskmlg…

Pura Vida!

4. Re: GPS waypoints

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 05, 2014