We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calling for hikers: Los Patos - Sirena - La Leona (3 days)

Toronto
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Calling for hikers: Los Patos - Sirena - La Leona (3 days)

I am interested in forming a small group to hike the route Los Patos - Sirena - La Leona from April 27-29, spending 1 day at Sirena. If you are interested in joining me and hike this route on those dates, please let me know.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Calling for hikers: Los Patos - Sirena - La Leona (3 days)

Thank you PLUMBOY great pictures ...really good pictures!

roadadvisor

Providence, Rhode...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Calling for hikers: Los Patos - Sirena - La Leona (3 days)

Hi Plumboy. My husband and I are considering doing the Los Patos to La Leone trail at the end of May but aren't sure the best way to find a trustworthy guide. I've looked at a couple of Osa tour groups, but they insist on a 3 night trip and they are very pricey. No one can seem to give me a straight answer of whether we can avoid hiking the first stretch out to Los Patos by going 4x4. Your info is helpful and I will look into the horseback option. How did you find Nito and would you recommend him? thanks!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Calling for hikers: Los Patos - Sirena - La Leona (3 days)

I see you found my posting on another thread. Nito was recommended by El Remanso Lodge -- which is where I was going to be spending a couple nights after the hike. He had worked as a guide at Lapa Rios lodge for six years until last year, I think.

And, yes, I would whole-heartedly recommend him. He was great -- constantly looking for critters and finding them. He'll keep you on your toes too! And super nice.

Boston...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Calling for hikers: Los Patos - Sirena - La Leona (3 days)

I am arriving in P. Jimenez on April 27th, and plan to hike into Sirena on the 28th. If that's what you had in mind, let me know and I'll join your group!

Boston...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Calling for hikers: Los Patos - Sirena - La Leona (3 days)

I am arriving in P. Jimenez on April 27th, and plan to hike into Sirena on the 28th. If that's what you had in mind, let me know and I'll join your group!

Vancouver
3 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Calling for hikers: Los Patos - Sirena - La Leona (3 days)

Hi Jacrose,

I'm planning to visit Corcovado for a few nights between May 20-27. What are your plans?

Providence, Rhode...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Calling for hikers: Los Patos - Sirena - La Leona (3 days)

hey, I'm doing a two day hike with my husband and a friend. We hired Nito as a guide (recommended by someone in this forum) and are going May 23rd Los Patos to Sirena and May 24th Sirena to La Leone. We're only doing two days because we are spending a few days at Bosque del Cabo and wanted to have enough time to kick back and relax there. Are you solo? If you want to join us, let me know and we can coordinate.

Vancouver
3 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Calling for hikers: Los Patos - Sirena - La Leona (3 days)

Hi Jacross,

nice!

yes I am solo. How can we private message in this forum to coordinate? I'd like to travel in with you, but I'll likely stay a few more days and make my own way out.

19. Re: Calling for hikers: Los Patos - Sirena - La Leona (3 days)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:38 am, November 10, 2010