We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help! Osa in less than a month and no hotel. Please

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Please help! Osa in less than a month and no hotel. Please

We will be in Osa in August and would like to stay somewhere by Corcovado National Park. Our budget is less than $100/night.

Mission Viejo, CA
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help! Osa in less than a month and no hotel. Please

We went to Fortuna and MA without reservations and found tons of openings. I don't know how many places there are in Osa, but being August, I'm going to say you don't need to worry. We liked being able to get the lay of the land and hotels before booking, but some people don't like the wingin' it.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help! Osa in less than a month and no hotel. Please

Rancho Corcovado has all inclusive rates. Its in Drake's Bay.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help! Osa in less than a month and no hotel. Please

I definitely would not panic, but I would not wait until I got there until I found a place. The Osa is very different than Manuel Antonio and Arenal especially if you want to stay closer to Corcovado. There are not nearly as many hotels and it is isolated, particularly if you head toward Matapalo and Carate. If you waited, you probably could find a place in Puerto Jimenez, but I would not want to wander around the Osa, looking for a hotel. I would start but using this site and also Google.

North Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
945 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help! Osa in less than a month and no hotel. Please

You can probably find a place, but as noted above, the Osa is not the place to wing it! Figure out a plan with an alternate; Puerto Jiminez, Carate, and Drake Bay are not nearly as easy to reach as MA and Arenal. Check out places here on TA - there are several that might meet your budget. Many places will be all inclusive, due to the remoteness.

nyc
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help! Osa in less than a month and no hotel. Please

Osa is very remote. There are no where near as many hotels as MA. Best to make a reservation beforehand. Even in rainy season, things get booked up because there just aren't as many places to stay.

6. Re: Please help! Osa in less than a month and no hotel. Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, October 01, 2009