We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hard time making reservation, can someone help???

Brossard, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
Save Topic
Hard time making reservation, can someone help???

We are 5 Canadians, planning to stay at Sirena forest camp.

For two months we try to make reservations, we were told to wait, they take them, ony one month in advance. We plan to be there for 6-7-8th of january. So on the 6 of december, we tried again, an finaly succed in having a place to sleep in the dorms.

But, no way to make sure for getting place in the restaurant, we will need to eat while staying there, some one told us it was OK, when i wrote back from the net: there was no place available at the restaurant????

I tried to call by phone,(506)735-5036 and did not get answers to the phone rings.

Do you have any tips than can help us.

We already bought Nature Air plane transportation, and are very surprised by that situation.

Thank you

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hard time making reservation, can someone help???

Unfortunately, calling an office anywhere in Costa Rica can be a very frustrating experience. Nobody will pick up - no matter when you call, especially if it's a government office or the office of a government run enterprise. The phone just keeps ringing time and time again until you finally give up.

My advice is to not give up. You'll just have to be VERY patient - it' one of the basic elements that define life in Costa Rica.

If you can, try early in the morning - 7 or 8 am local time (or a few minutes after that). I think chances of getting someone on the phone are about nill afer 10 am - but that's just my personal experience.

An alternative phone number that someone else posted in this forum is (506) 735-5580.

If you don't get the answer you want. try again until you get the answer you want. Persistence often pays off in this country.

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Level Contributor
806 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hard time making reservation, can someone help???

Not sure if this will help at all but in addition to the two phone numbers for ACOSA, I also found an email address: corcovado@minae.go.cr

One thing I might suggest is to contact one of the outfitters / tour operators that run tours to Sirena and ask what they can suggest. I'm sure they have experience dealing with the ACOSA office and their reservation system and my guess is that, as a commercial business, they are more likely to answer their phones. Osa Aventura has often been cited as a reputable company.

Mentioned in this post
Osa Peninsula
Osa Peninsula
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
ATG_Phoenix
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hard time making reservation, can someone help???

e-mail the guy below

My wife and I just booked reservations at Sirena and camping and dinners. He sends you all the documents to get you in the park.

Very responvive guy - charges you $25 for the trouble (well worth IMHO)

pdcollar@racsa.co.cr

Paul Collar

CafeNet El Sol

Puerto Jimenez Costa Rica

www.soldeosa.com

506 735-5702

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Jimenez
Puerto Jimenez
Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
4. Re: Hard time making reservation, can someone help???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, September 14, 2009