We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exotic Yoga Retreats

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
15 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Exotic Yoga Retreats

Just got back from a week long trip with Gayle and Exotic Yoga Retreats -- it was a marvelous trip. Our theme was Happiness and Yoga, and our entire group came back with great tools for our everyday life. It was held at Blue Osa, which was an excellent setting for this trip.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exotic Yoga Retreats

That was indeed a very magical retreat! Thank you for sharing about it!

2. Re: Exotic Yoga Retreats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:36 am, September 21, 2014
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exotic Yoga Retreats

So Janiac writes a glowing, if short, report about a yoga retreat and then the organizer chimes in to support that. Hmmmmm.

Janiac: Why not tell us some details about your experience? How long were you there? What else did you do? How was the Blue Osa for accommodations and food? What about the yoga experience? What did it cost? How did you get from San Jose to the Osa? Was this a package deal or did you make the arrangements yourself?

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
15 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exotic Yoga Retreats

Hi,

I absolutely have no problem detailing my trip. The only reason I didn't before was because I had written a more detailed review on Blue Osa, where this retreat was held. My daughter and I chose this retreat at the last minute. She is a college student who said she was thinking of either going to Florida on spring break or would I consider going on a yoga retreat with her instead. I had already been planning to go to Costa Rica in the summer, but decided that I would try a retreat instead. The Exotic Yoga Retreats Happiness one turned out to be the one that fit perfectly in the time frame that we had had open.

Although we planned our own flights, Exotic Yoga did have a travel agency available to do it for me. Because our trip was pretty last minute, I got worried that flights were going to sell out (spring break) and so got a little antsy and booked before they got back to me. We flew into San Jose and then took a tiny little plane from the airport next to the main terminal to Osa.

The retreat was unbelievable. There were about 12 people there (I believe). Most were single women, though there were two couples. I was in awe of these women who had traveled to this place on their own to discover more about themselves. The retreat was definitely a life-changer, and all who attended said so by the end of the trip. Now, mind you. I hadn't even planned on having my life changed when I signed up for the retreat. I was just looking for some sun and wildlife and maybe some yoga. Gayle and Laura (happiness expert) spent the mornings with us and most evenings teaching us yoga and happiness. The yoga studio is open air and overlooks the ocean.

The people in this group still stay in touch via Facebook. We even started our own FB group. I am actually thinking of asking them to write here to share their experiences so you can see that I wasn't the only one who got a lot out of this retreat. Was it perfect? Of course not. Blue Osa is a very minimal hotel setup, which I thought was perfect for the trip. But I could see where others might not enjoy the fact that there were no TVs, very little Internet and there were geckos crawling on the walls. For me, it was part of the experience. That and waking up to the sounds of howler monkeys or watching gorgeous macaws flying overhead.

As for excursions, we could choose to take them or not (and they were extra). I chose to do a hike, a trip to the animal sanctuary (we saw a sloth, and then lots of wild dolphin on the trip over), and ziplining.

Anyway, I still keep a picture of the sunrise yoga on my computer desktop and a hard picture of the bay to remind me to be happy, like I was in Costa Rica.

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exotic Yoga Retreats

Thank you for the excellent and very detailed review.. I just posted the link to their facebook page so others can see it if they're not regular trip advisor forum readers...

pura vida and gracias!

Randy

Denver, Colorado...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Exotic Yoga Retreats

Hi,

I was another member of the group who went on the Yoga and Happiness Retreat held at Blue Osa. It was one of the most life altering trips I have ever been on...and I have traveled a lot. Not only was Blue Osa just what I needed, the time with instructor Gayle Olsen, spent doing yoga and tuning in to my self, was incredibly restorative. Gayle is a powerful coach and yoga instructor adept at making her sessions a success even if the participants have different levels of expertise. The people at Blue Osa and from the Oso Peninsula were warm and friendly...and the food was amazing. Most notably, the yoga instruction and time spent learning about happiness, and what makes us, as humans, capable of enhancing our own happiness in our lives, continues to impact me daily. It is worth noting that I also did several side excursions such as tree climbing and surfing, both of which were incredible adventures with great outfitters. And, working with the team at Blue Osa and several of the retreat attendees, we closed out the trip by renting a plane and flying into the Corcavado Rain Forest. We hiked, swam in jungle rivers and saw incredible wildlife, including very rare tapirs. I have very positive things to say about Gayle Olsen and her ability to deliver luxury yoga experiences that will truly stay with you for years to come. And, I appreciated and enjoyed the eco resort experience of Blue Osa; it was a perfect way to experience a quieter, less touristy version of Costa Rica. AI also had the good fortune of meeting Jane and a whole group of people along the way. A few of us have even taken additional trips together and we are thinking of joining another Exclusive Yoga Retreat trip in 2015. High marks all around. ...Jennifer

Edited: 1:59 pm, September 21, 2014
San Mateo...
Level Contributor
1 post
233 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Exotic Yoga Retreats

Great review Lady Jane. I'll second that. Gayle and her company really added so much to our experience at Blue Osa. What a wonderful week we had b/c of the program and Laura put together. They put so much thought into making this an amazing experience for us. Sans the resort itself, Gayle and Exotic Yoga Retreats are a great company. In fact, hoping to go to Mexico or Wine Country soon with them.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Exotic Yoga Retreats

I met Gayle and love love her energy. It was her influence that got me into Yoga and now I'm hooked and go daily to a yoga studio. I am thinking of the Crostia yoga trip. Really really want to experience her yoga retreats! 🌹

9. Re: Exotic Yoga Retreats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 19, 2016